“Excellent”

Jose's Cuban Sandwiches
Ranked #42 of 213 Restaurants in East Lansing
Cuisines: Cuban
Reviewed January 6, 2016

I've driven by this place innumerable times and never noticed it. A friend pointed it out the other day and I went for lunch. Had the cuban sandwich and beans. Delicious! I will definitely go back. I agree with the other reviews: "Hidden gem" and "Hole in the Wall"!

Reviewed September 7, 2015

The delivery drivers can't navigate their way out of their own parking lot, so expect it to take at least an hour to show up. Even then, though, the food is incredible and very well-priced.

Reviewed July 2, 2015 via mobile

I've lived in East Lansing for almost my entire life and sadly only recently discovered Jose's. Simply put it's amazing. My sister and I are vegetarians and love the delicious veggie Cuban sandwich they offer. Not to worry, all of my friends love all of the carnivorous options too. If you're ever in the area it's a MUST DO.

Reviewed January 23, 2015

Jose's is a hole in the wall small room restaurant located next to a gas station. The unassuming building veils the great food this place provides. The restaurant is very small and seats only a few people. Walls are decorated with MSU posters and flags and art presumably created by the younger members of the owner's family.
The prices are affordable and they cater very well to vegetarians. If there is a better cuban sandwich spot anywhere else in Michigan, I have yet to find it! This local business has earned my business for as long as I live in Michigan.
I ordered a vegetarian cuban sandwich with beans and rice and I highly recommend it! Vegetarians don't need to worry about the beans containing pork. I strongly encourage others to try this place. The owner is a cool guy and the food is great!

1  Thank israel r
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My son and daughter-in-law recommended this place. It is a kitchen inside a Marathon gas station (so no atmosphere to talk about). Luckily there is no seating, only take-out or delivery. The sandwiches are truly delicious! I had the sanguichon which came with rice and beans on the side. The cook/owner is a Peruvian who truly knows his food. The sandwiches are generous and inexpensive. I wish I had such a place where I live!