US$150
US$120
SleepInn
US$109
US$99
Cherry Tree Inn & Suites(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$194
Traverse Bay Inn(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$74
Pointes North Beachfront Resort Hotel(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$94
Sugar Beach Resort Hotel(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$84
Grand Beach Resort Hotel(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$119
All reviewswater sportsfamily vacationhaving funelk lakean adulteach morningperfect spotsports nightyoung childrenring a bellsame weekdining hallcollege studentssquare dancewblaccommodationkayak
Reviewed August 7, 2014

This was our first trip to White Birch Lodge and we had a great time! We are a family of three generations ranging in age from 2-87 years old and there was something for everyone. The property is absolutely beautiful and the people could not be friendlier, both staff and other guests. It says a lot that many of the quests we met had been going to WBL for many, many years, some families several decades. Meals are served family style and the food is simple and not always the healthiest choice, but tasty just the same. We have several in our group who have food allergies and at each meal our waitress greeted us with list of what we could eat and what to avoid depending on the allergy. They even had special substitutions prepared when the entree was a problematic food. There is a wide range of accommodations, some very simple and rustic right up to beautiful new condos, so do your research if you are fussy about that sort of thing. This is a family-owned property and you can see in every way that they take great pride in providing a fun, relaxing vacation for their guests; and to ensure that, the staff is trained to provide good, old-fashioned customer service. We are already talking about our next vacation at WBL.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank peglegdebs
Reviewed July 25, 2014

When we made our first reservation at WBL in 1970, we asked the owner, Cliff Conrad,
what we should bring. His reply was "all you need to bring is your swimming suits". We found that answer to be right on target except we did bring our tennis raquets. Everything else needed
for the enjoyment of the purest bluest lake in the country was supplied. Cliff's grandson,Mike, now runs the place but Cliff's answer still applies.

Over the ensuing years we have had as many as 50 of our family enjoying our annual weekly
reunion at WBL. The place is truly unique in that it supplies an all-in vacation in a family oriented
enviroment. WBL is a mother's paradise because there are no meals to prepare and morning and afternoon programs are provided for small children. The equipment and activities provided allow all members of the family to do their thing, or things. The best testimony I can give is that in all the times we have vacationed at WBL my wife and I have never left the place for one day.

I am not aware of any other place that offers a better venue to enjoy and build a wonderful family experience. It is almost so unique that you have to try it to fully appreciate it.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank THOMAS K
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I can't say enough about this magical place. We have been returning yearly to White Birch Lodge for the past 17 years. It has something for everyone. Elk Lake is the most beautiful lake that I have ever experienced. The rooms are comfy and clean. The food is excellent and most importantly MADE FOR YOU!!! Three times a day, they ring a bell and everyone meets in the lodge to eat a wonderful meal. The activities are endless and fun. We all love the water skiing, tubing and wake boarding. The kids program is wonderful. My only complaint is that my kids don't want to hang out with me, they are having too much fun. You cannot go wrong with White Birch Lodge!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Julie D
Reviewed September 20, 2013

You couldn't pick a better place to just relax and enjoy the peaceful, scenic beauty of Elk Lake with the even more scenic Lake Michigan so close by. There is so much to do and see here, but it is the perfect place to just sit back, relax and enjoy. The great people at the White Birch Lodge will take good care of you.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Choteau
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Was there a few weeks ago with my daughter after not being there for over 30 years. WBL had alot of wonderful memories for me and I am so happy to add more recent ones. My daughter (14yrs) loved it and I did too. Everything I loved about WBL was the same and all the changes were positive. It is trula a vacation from the rigors of daily life and a place to recharge and reconnect with those you love (they accomodate all sorts of groups and you see multigenerational groups alot).

Room Tip: talk with the staff they will help select a room or suite that works for you
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family