“Just a little disappointed”
Review of Morels - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Northwestern Highway & 14 Mile Rd
Description: this is a Matt Prentice restaurant
Reviewed 14 March 2013

The mushroom soup was worth returning for. Our main courses and appetizers were OK to very good. The decor is very nice, service excellent. Definitely worth another try.

Reviewed 5 March 2013 via mobile

Morel's is a restaurant that not only has great food, but a great atmosphere as well. The food is excellent, and the menu has a ton of great options. Morel's is a great place to grab a bite to eat, and I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

One of my favorites in the area, good mix of new cuisine with a flare for elegance. Of course try the mushroom bisque!!

Reviewed 25 February 2013

We went to Morel's with friends for dinner. My wife and I got the Prix Fixe dinners, our friends ordered off the menu. For the price of the Prix Fixe ($64 each) I would expect better.

Appetizer and soup were enjoyable but the salad was a bit much with pulled chicken, mushrooms, lettuce, fruit, nuts and dressing. My entree arrived luke warm and was cool within moments. It tasted fine, but it should have arrived much hotter. The plate was actually cool to the touch. Our waitress was nowhere to be seen for 15 minutes by which time I had eaten a good portion of my dinner. Upon her return, she did offer to reheat what remained. My wife’s entrée was a mushroom encrusted chicken but the favor of the mushrooms overpowered the entire entrée. Yes, we realize the place is named “Morel’s” but this was a bit much.

On the upside, desert was excellent.

For the price, I would expect better….Not sure we’ll return.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Morels lives up to its name with lots of use of 'shrooms, including its namesake. We visited when the restaurant offered a prix fixe menu. It began with a brie-filled pierogi appetizer, followed by a spinach salad topped with a soft poached egg, which was the only disappointing aspect of the meal. It made the spinach a bit soupy, tasting more of egg than the veggie. A wonderful shooter of morel soup preceded what we ordered, tenderloin atop a bed of smashed buttery potatoes. The portions seemed small, but we left stuffed, especially after the mousse-like remekin of chocolate topped with a mereingue wafer. A great place for any occasion, as it also has private dining areas for groups. Before other guests arrived to cover it up, the mood music in the restaurant was elevator-like. Change it. This is a Matt Prentice restaurant, which I hold in high regard. Too bad Detroit Prime next door closed.