Comfort Inn Farmington Hills
US$128
US$99
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$110/night.

US$76
US$123
US$99
US$80
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$91/night.

US$60
US$61
US$55
  • Restaurant
US$169
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbed was comfortablebe patientthe woodward dream cruiseoakland countymile roadfree wifihotel is cleanstayed nightsthe breakfast areaa great place to staygreat pricewould stay here againlobbypropertytowelsseminartub
Reviewed August 4, 2017

Bathroom had peeling wallpaper. Old, dated looking furnishings. Bed was comfortable. Not sure about clean, found a bobby pin on floor. Lost total power at 1am, and didn't come back on until 4:30am. Got pretty hot in there and I didn't sleep much, worried about having power and waking up in the morning without clocks or lights or A/C.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2017

Stayed one night while visiting our granddaughter and attending a seminar. Convenient to the highways. Recently updated except for the bathrooms which are old but clean. Have had worse. Staff was not overly friendly or outgoing but helpful when needed. Room was clean and Bed was comfortable, air worked but not needed. Able to open the sliding door to a narrow balcony which kept our room very comfortable.
Breakfast was a pleasant surprise. Two flavors of waffles, cheese omelets, sausage, cereals, rolls, bagels etc. sausage was excellent and omelets were not dried out.
Very relaxing. Did stay on the fourth floor away from the highway. Obviously was quiet as we had the sliders open all night without any adverse noises.
Would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tmterie
Reviewed November 10, 2016 via mobile

Overall an average stay. The property was a little aged however appeared to be updating carpet. Room was large and the bed was comfortable. Restroom(shower) needed a facelift was aged and discolored. Employees encountered we friendlt, check in and out was smooth. Price was very good.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed November 9, 2016

Summary:

Facility: Marginal
Staff: Robotic and unwelcoming
Room: dated and depressing
Internet: Acceptable
Breakfast: Starbucks is nearby
Price: It was prepaid, I have no idea

I was a guest at the Comfort Inn in Farmington Hills as part of a business trip. The hotel was chosen for me and was outside of the class that I would normally chose for myself or my family. It was far enough from where my meeting that I'm led to believe that the last minute reservation limited choices or value. .

I arrived from DTW around 7 PM on a rainy Thursday evening. From the outside, the hotel appeared to be old and is painted brown -a depressing edifice on depressing rainy evening. This was the theme throughout. I entered the lobby and was greeted (wait, no greeting - was met) by a woman who appeared to be a zombie. She radiated negative energy that seemed to be related to the dreary dark lobby. In one corner of the lobby was a stack of rolled up carpets which told me that perhaps somebody was going to make an effort to transform this place. Checkin was relatively quick and I proceeded to my room on the 4th floor facing North. The room was just as unappealing with one small window that looked out onto the parking lot. The room was dark and not tastefully decorated. But it was large. I settled in and proceeded to find a restaurant for some dinner. Plenty choices nearby including a reportedly good sushi place across the parking lot. (Good sushi is plentiful in that neck of the woods).

Upon returning to my room, I noted that the bathroom needed work. Faucets were loose, light mold decorated the shower and shower head. But the grossest thing: There were no towel rails on the wall so they placed my towels on the dirty sink counter just above the open toilet. How nice to have towels tastefully iced with vaporized e-Coli residue.

The rest was fairly clean but the overriding feeling of being in darksville was depressing. WiFi was free and fast enough to get through email and airline check-in tasks. I don't stream video so I couldn't assess data speed. Lights were turned out at 11PM and a sound sleep was attained on a bed that was not uncomfortable..

The following morning I found plenty of hot water but not plenty of elevators. It took almost 5 minutes for my elevator to appear. I guess it was an old machine. Free breakfast was the standard fare of industrial catering of pre-fab eggs (they looked and tasted like plastic food you see in Japan), sausage patties, a waffle-making setup and cold cereals, breads and yogurts. The coffee was putrid but hot. I checked out quickly with no issues.

I have stayed at many hotels across the USA and abroad over my career and have developed a feeling for what's good and what's not. I found the Comfort Inn Farmington Hills to be near the top of of my pain threshold; any less appealing and I would have looked elsewhere. The room was in order and fairly clean. But that was it. I won't return to this facility (unless there was no choice). In this day and age where hotels have moved into the 21st century with bright appointments and upbeat staff, this place was a throwback to the early 1980s. It needs a major makeover of facility, services and staff.

Parking was cramped. Noise was endurable on the north side though a refrigerated truck parked under my window with an engine running all night. On the south side it would have been worse since there is a major interstate out the window.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the North side of the hotel away from the noise of 696.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank IMFLYBOY
Reviewed August 18, 2016

This is our fourth time staying at this pleasant Comfort Inn. This time, they had just installed new carpeting in the room and we noticed it had that 'new carpet smell' upon first few minutes but didn't mind it knowing the carpet was brand-new fresh. They are remodeling, as I saw them unloading new large mirrors for each room too. The bathrooms in this hotel are large and comfortable for two people to get ready at the same time, huge mirrors, lots of (granite) counter space. Beds are comfortable. Rooms have table and two chairs, important because we both use our laptops. Pillows are great and sheets are soft and of fine quality. I only wish they had refrigerators in each room. Rooms are a bit larger (wider) than most we encounter, as we travel a lot doing antique shows around the country. You'll find Quiet rooms, which is of high value to us, a large lobby and comfortable, pleasant area for a nice breakfast, efficient front desk staff. You can't go wrong booking in this place. Prices are reasonable.

Room Tip: Every room is quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business