“"STARTING OVER COULD NEVER BE EASIER"” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Farmington Hills
Farmington Hills, Michigan
“"STARTING OVER COULD NEVER BE EASIER"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

I came to the Extended Stay in Farmingtont Hills in June of 2011 basically starting my life over. Never did I expect to still be here almost a year later but I must acknowledge the reasons I am still here. The staff here is very professional starting from the desk clerks all the way to the housekeeping staff.The property is very clean and safe and runs like a "well oiled machine." I beleieve much of the credit is due to the Manager Cindy Cadwell. Not only does she put her guests and job first, she treats us all like family and goes above and beyond what Im sure her daily duties entail. I think she leads by example and that is a huge reason why the rest of her staff is helpfull and makes me feel as though thus is home.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Jason B
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Detroit - Farmington Hills. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Farmington Hills, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

I first have to say I ended up staying at the Extended Stay in Farmington Hills after relocating back to Michigan and did not know if I was staying long term. That was three years ago and I am still here for many reasons, but one of the most important is the unbelievable staff and specifically the general manager Cindy, who I honestly feel like is a part of my family now. I have always felt at home here, the rooms are extremely clean and the amenities like the free-WI fi, and Dish network TV have made my stay such a joy. I can't recommend this hotel enough, whether it is for one night on a business trip, a family vacation, or for the long term. The value is tremendous for your dollar and you will feel like you are at home the second you walk in the door.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Danny L
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills, responded to this review, 18 March 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Detroit - Farmington Hills. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

I have been a customer of this establishment for many months and have been treated extremely well. The manager, Cynthia Cadwell is in my opinion a very special asset and an incredible individual. Its obvious her staff enjoy their jobs here due to the fact I have never seen anyone leave regarding employment. I would highly recommend staying here if your travels bring you into the Detroit area. Its clean and very safe.

Room Tip: All the rooms in this establishment are pleasant and clean with nice views.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Michael K
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Detroit - Farmington Hills. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

My family and I needed a place to stay until we relocated out-of-state. So we came across this hotel and stayed for 7 months. From the moment of checking in to the very last night of our stay, Management (Cindy) and staff made our stay a very pleasant one. If there were any problems/concerns, they made sure it was taken care of immediately. Professional customer service! Our room was very clean! Comfortable beds! We recommend Extended Stay Farmington Hills to anyone looking for a place to get away whether its vacation, couple get-away, short and long term stay. Thank you sooo much for making this an amazing stay!

Room Tip: Any room you choose will be great!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank 313familyh4
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills, responded to this review, 14 March 2012

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

I have been at this hotel for over 6 months, now. It is clean and friendly. I love it here. It is my home away from home. The staff, especially Cynthia, Carol, and Wanda, are all great folks and extremely helpful. The rates are low. I would recommend this place to my closest friends.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank bleuoxx
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Detroit - Farmington Hills. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Beersheba, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

Hello you all :)
i spent 10 days (last month and 10 days last year on same month), we are 2 people that came for some business in town and looked for nice and quite place,good internet (include in the price) and kitchen too.
our room was very clean! you have only one day of cleaning in a week but if you want to change sheets or change towels you can do it by yourself and it is acceptable..
the service was not less than great!!
they made some mistake and charge my credit card 3 times(7 days, 1 day and another 2 days) instead of one time, i went down and explain then that every charge is more fees for me as i am non US citizen so they immediately admit the mistake and charged my at the end for 9 days instead of 10.
im traveling to Detroit every year and i will go back there as the price is reasonable, and i got all i need for my stay

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Avi A
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Detroit - Farmington Hills. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your kind words.
Sugar Land, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

Bad experience from the point of check-in. The clerk placed priority on completing the "night audit report" rather than checking me in. When I got to the room, it immediately gave the impression of being "well worn" and in need of a make over. Old pillows, old bedspread.

Room did not have a hair dryer or shampoo. Went to front desk and the clerk stated that the rooms do not have a hair dryer, but gave me one from under the counter and I had to sign for it--seems very strange. She looked for some shampoo bottles but was not able to locate any--again, very disappointing. I have never stayed at a place with no shampoo.

Next morning, ran out of hot water in the shower. I complained on the way to my meeting and the clerk stated that it must be due to eveyone taking a shower at the same time. Duh, doesn't this happen at every hotel, every day?
Again, check on getting shampoo the next day and the clerk said that there was some available in the vending machine for $2. I asked if she could get some, and she said I would have to pay--clearly, this place is mis-managed and does not deserve to be in business. The most customer unfriendly hotel I have ever stayed in--my advice, stay away.

Room Tip: Choose another alternative in the area
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business