“Chili Crab Spaghetti, Grilled Peel ‘n’ Eat Shrimp & Captain’s Platter!”
Review of Voyager

Voyager
Ranked #14 of 114 Restaurants in Ferndale
Reviewed May 11, 2018 via mobile

I came here on a Thursday evening for dinner. The place was busy and had a wait time for a table. There were a few spots available at the bar and I was able to be seated immediately. I ordered the Captain’s Platter, which had the chef’s choice of four oysters, ruby sardines, Benton’s country ham, idyll farms goat cheese and crusty bread, and grilled peel n eat shrimp (with old bay and comeback sauce), which I’ve heard raves about. The shrimp came out first and it was good! Although good, I’ve had better grilled shrimp, specifically in Chinese cuisine. The captain’s platter came out about five minutes afterwards. The oysters were decent (not a big fan of oysters). The slightly buttered crusty bread was good (though I prefer the crusty bread that came with Lady of the House’s Shrimp Butter). The country ham was good (though not as good as Lady Of the House’s Parisian Ham). The goat cheese was also good (which is impressive as goat cheese is my least favorite type of cheese). The Ruby sardines were surprisingly so good and my favorites part of the entire meal! It was soft and doused in butter sauce! Yum! I’ve came here once before and ordered the chili crab spaghetti, which was also good. During my last visit, someone beside me was eating the captain’s platter which looked so good, so I had to order it the this time. And I’m glad I ordered it!

Reviewed May 10, 2018 via mobile

Not sure what happened... but we were all disappointed. Choice of food was limited, size was very small & food was not good. Maybe... middle of week is not good to go...We were very looking forward to going there. The fried rice with bbq beef & shrimp, only had 3 small shrimp, & some of the rice was crunchy. Tasted like it was reheated in microwave. Crab salad was watery & grilled romaine lettuce was mushy. Smallest portion of crab... size of half dollar. Could go on about all the plates. We understood the food was to share... but portions way to small.

Reviewed April 10, 2018

I am glad i had done my homework before arriving. Charleston oysters, Nantucket scallops, peal and eat shrimps scattered with Old Bay & an Alabama style sauce. My Caesar salad arrives with creamy, fried sweetbreads.

Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

First time we tried it and just made it for happy hour oysters. I had to duck out for a phone call and when I got back the wife and kids ate all the oysters, none left for me! They had a special on periwinkle snails and the kids devoured them as well. The fish entrees were excellent and we can’t wait to go back!

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

This is a very small restaurant and bar but boy does it deliver! Great food and service and eclectic group of diners. Share plates of fun and interesting food. They specialize in oysters served in several ways. There are plenty of choices for those that don’t eat oysters(me!).
Spicy spaghetti with crab, fried cauliflower, beets, peel and eat shrimp, several fish dishes, etc.
we had 5 dishes and couldn’t quite finish everything. The bill, including 2 glasses of wine, was about $80. Very reasonable for the quality and quantity of what was served.