“Very Enjoyable!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Homer Glen, IL
“Very Enjoyable!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2011

Rooms were comfortable and clean. Bed was great, Everything was in working order. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was ok, it was late both days we were there but we still got to eat. Close to Frankenmuth and Detriot. Carpet were a little spoiled but that happens with any hotel. Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2011

Thanks to all residence inn flint for the good hospitality that I finde it in the hotel . Special thanks to G.M and all housekeeping and to laleda in front office . I did stay for 40 days with my wife we was very happy . We like to stay there again when we come to Michigan next time from Egypt .

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank Magdi62
Rebecca K, General Manager at Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc, responded to this review, 1 November 2011
Thank you for the wonderful comments! We are all so glad to hear you and your wife had an enjoyable stay while with us! We look forward to hosting you on your returns to Michigan!
Toledo, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011

I stayed in this hotel for a personal trip and even though I like the layout of the room, I was very disappointed in the cleanliness of the room. The carpets and sofa were heavily stained, as was the entry to the hotel. It was if no one had bothered to vacuum. There is just no excuse for this. In addition, the bathroom sink failed to drain. This, however, was taken care of promptly by maintenance.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Kim H,

Thank you for sharing your comments! I am so sorry to hear you did not have an enjoyable stay with us. Please know that as General Manager I take your feedback personally, and will share your feedback with my staff to ensure future guests do not have the same cleanliness issues you encountered.

If there is anything further I can do to assist you with your travels, please feel free to contact me directly at (810) 424-7000.
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2011

My first business trip to Flint and I stayed at the Residence Inn per clients recommendation and it was very nice. Location was great as it was about 8 minutes from downtown. The room was very clean and the staff very friendly. Breakfast was very good. I did not partake in the evening dinner items as I had plans with client. I was somewhat skeptical of Flint, but the Residence was a very pleasant surprise. I would recommend to fellow business associates.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank klmtx
Rebecca K, General Manager at Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc, responded to this review, 4 October 2011
Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding your stay! I am so glad to hear the staff was friendly and the room was cleaned well for you! We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to the Flint area!
Saint Augustine, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

We stayed for 3 days while vacationing in Michigan. The suite was clean and well set up.
Yes, there was a little wear and tear and the tv was an older vintage.
The housekeeping staff was excellent and the hotel is pet friendly, great for us as our 2 daschunds were with us. The breakfast each morning was ample and good.

We would stay here again......

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank mjr27
Thank you for the great comments! I am glad to hear your stay was comfortable for you, as well as your four-legged family! We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to the Flint area!
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

We met up with two other families with small children there. The staff was friendly and capable. It was clean and the amenities did not leave us wanting. We enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi and th ebasketball court. We walked to the nearby restaurant/microbrewery. I wish we had known pets were welcome, so we could have brought our dog. Loud dishwasher though. :-)

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank mnowak
JSchofield, Manager at Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc, responded to this review, 9 November 2010
Dear Mnowak,

Thank you for choosing the Flint Residence Inn and posting your comments.

I am very happy to see that you had an enjoyable time during your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit.

Joanna Schofield
cape town south africa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2010

This hotel's web page says NEWLY REMODELED..????.I JUST DONT THINK SO unless 10 years ago can be considered to be new. Now for the GRUBBY bit... The carpets in the passageways needs to have a good clean... looks like it has not been vacuumed in weeks also in the corners and behind the chairs and sofa in the bed room... Please see pictures of THE STOVE/COOKER ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTINGLY FILTHY,
We've stayed in many residence inn's on our travels and this was by far the GRUBBIEST one we've been in.Other than that we slept ok.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank splodgee
Dear Splodgee,

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Flint and posting your comments.

My name is Joanna Schofield, Manager. I appreciate your comments and of course read with disappointment that we faild to provide you with a wonderful experience. Please know that I take your comments to heart and will share them with my team. The hotel had a comlete remodel in 2008. Due to our high occupancy we have increased the frequency in which the hallway carpets are cleaned by an outside company. I truly believe if you return you will find that we have made many changes to improve our guest experience.

Please feel free to contact me directly so I can apologize in person and thank you as well for sharing these concerns. (810)424-7000.

All the best.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flint
0.7 km away
13.9 km away
Baymont Inn & Suites Flint
3.3 km away
Wingate By Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc

Been to Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc? Share your experiences!