“Great wine, yummy apps, not so good entrees”
Review of Cork on Saginaw

Cork on Saginaw
Ranked #11 of 358 Restaurants in Flint
Price range: US$9 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of downtown inside a renovated bank building, Cork on Saginaw is a wine bar and bistro featuring New American cuisine as well as a custom craft cocktail list and craft bottle beer selection within a sleek, contemporary upscale yet laid back space.
Reviewed July 29, 2015 via mobile

The Cork has a fabulous atmosphere, however the food (aside from the appetizers) are not so good....small portions and overpriced for the quality of the food....some dishes are made with local ingredients (which is great) they're just not yummy. I'm OK with paying for good food...but they need to amp up the dishes! I'll still go back for their fabulous selection of wine and yummy calamari, sweet potato fries, or whitefish dip.

Reviewed July 25, 2015

I found this place from a Google search as I like new hole in the wall places. This place was awesome. The server was great, and very attentive. I ordered the Tuscan Salad with Chicken. It came with a load of chicken, and it was not dry. I actually was full from eating the salad. Good wine and I hope you guys are here for a long time. I want to try the lamb next.

Reviewed July 1, 2015 via mobile

I have difficulty writing this review as in the past the food was excellent and service stellar. On this visit it was a calamity. The beer was old and flat, the French Onion soup had no flavor and then my order and my cousin's was wrong. We sat at the bar which was a HUGE mistake. The waitress/bartender had no idea that the orders were wrong. When I mentioned it to her she did offer to fix it in which I declined and my cousin accepted. She never fixed it. There was left over onion bacon and she threw away the dip and bagged up the bread. What?!! Crazy visit. I had bragged to my cousin and his wife about the awesome food and service at Cork. I no longer get to pick where we have dinner.

2  Thank KTTack
Reviewed June 5, 2015 via mobile

Had the Lamb schawarma sandwich and my son had the Cuban sandwich. Nice lunch portions--not outrageously large nor meager. With the outside patio, our waitress was a bit busy, but kitchen staff were helping run food out to the tables. I love this restaurant because it is bright, clean, and has a modern feel to it even though the architecture and marble belie a much earlier age. Great for business lunches--you are definitely not rushed and can have a private conversation.

Reviewed May 19, 2015

Fun atmosphere, hostess was warm, personable and made us feel important! The food was amazing! I had a special of grilled salmon and hubby had pasta shrimp. Pricey for such a small plate of food....no salad..no bread..... We had the bread pudding, salt Carmel and ice cream dessert....tooooo die for!! Every bite.....delish! We are not big or over weight people, I say that to quantify the fact we left still hungry.

Been to Cork on Saginaw? Share your experiences!