“Yummy Steak Sandwich”

Big John Steak & Onion
Ranked #10 of 367 Restaurants in Flint
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed September 2, 2015

Big Johns has been in the area for some time now and that's a GOOD thing they serve a GREAT steak sandwich. They have extended their menu aliitle but the steak sandwich is the one and only favorite . The restaurant isn't nothing fancy-kinda fast food and as far as I know there are only here in Genesee county. My grandson makes it a point to go there when he comes to visit from Ohio . My husband says they have a GREAT breakfast sandwich too but I have never tried it.

Date of visit: August 2015

Reviewed July 24, 2015

steak is delicious. i like their salad. my husband and i bought two 8'' subs: Super Steak, Cheese & Mushrooms. philly chicken. and steak salad. all are tasty. also very were served fast. we are from china. this is Michigan's sub.this is my first time to eat here. but i think i will try something else next time. I'd recommend give them a try.

Date of visit: June 2015
Reviewed July 9, 2015

If you like chopped steak sandwiches, you will love Big Johns! I recommend the super steak cheese and mushroom. A 8" is very filling. NOT something you can eat and drive though lol and it will get soggy if you get it as take out and don't eat quickly.

Date of visit: June 2015
Reviewed June 24, 2015

I don't live in Flint, but every time I visit my dad I have to go to Big John's. These are seriously the best steak sandwiches I have ever had and I haven't found any other steak sandwich like them. If you're in town, give them a try!

Date of visit: March 2015
1  Thank Mnwilkin
Reviewed June 10, 2015

There is no comparison, more meat, more flavor, fresh buns, piled high with flavor. I did have a sandwich in Philadelphia once that came close.... The meat is sliced so thin and tender, add the peppers and onions for best sandwich in the house.

Date of visit: August 2014

Been to Big John Steak & Onion? Share your experiences!