“I Like It!”

Westside Diner
Ranked #36 of 365 Restaurants in Flint
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 18, 2016 via mobile

West Side Diner is a good choice for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It is small, needs updating, but serves up some real good food. There is absolutely nothing fancy here, so wait until your second date before taking your significant other here for that special occasion.

1  Thank Ray D

Reviewed November 15, 2015

This is convenient to most of Flint. We needed an affordable place after visiting the Flint Institute of Art and did not want to blow a wad of money. We'd been here before when using Bishop Airport. The decor is '50's diner. The menu is basic and varied. My wife had a fish sandwich- wished she'd had the dinner instead. Too much bread.. I had liver and onions from the senior menu- wished I'd ordered off the regular menu The quality of both choices was good. Service was fast and friendly. The crowd in mid-afternoon was large and local. I'd return. It was good..

Reviewed July 30, 2015

This is a local favorite for good food, and good service. I try to get there at least once when I'm back in Flint. The 1950's theme is borne out with the Elvis, Marilyn Monroe, and "I Love Lucy" pictures that cover all the walls.i would rate this place very good for food and service, but they really neat to update inside, including restroom facilities.

Reviewed July 6, 2015

Went to the Westside Diner for dinner. The wife had fried chicken I had a Cheesburger. We also splurged and got a shake and a malt. I was a little hesitant at first but the service was top notch and the food was pretty good. I had a Strawberry Shake and the wife had a Chocolate Malt. Both were really good. It is great for a meal out.

Reviewed May 19, 2015 via mobile

Its like eating at home. You're always welcome. Frank and Mark, the owner brothers, will fix you a meal, talk about the Tigers or Lions.....but mostly just make you feel at home.
The food is always good. You can almost always get it prepared your way. Mostly coney island type food. Best Coney Island hot dogs in Flint now, I think.
The same waitresses have been there forever, it seems. That tells me its a good work environment.

1  Thank coach48503

Been to Westside Diner? Share your experiences!