“Last time I stay at this property”

Quality Inn & Suites Airport
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I travel quite a bit and usually stay at Choice Properties. I am an Elite Diamond member with Choice Privileges.I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years, however, this will be my last. The general condition of the property has gone down hill. The carpet in the hallways is dirty as well as in the rooms. My sink would not drain. I asked on two seperate occasions to have maintenance remedy the problem to no avail. I would have thought housekeeping would have noticed the problem when they cleaned the sinks, maybe they didn't clean the sinks. The so-called business center had no working computers during my stay so printing out documents for a meeting I had was useless. I had to go across the parking lot to the Sleep Inn to do so. Anyway, I would not recommend this property anyone.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank T-Bone215

Reviewed 24 February 2012

Good Customer Service. Got my room walked in and the room stunk like smoke!. They gave me a new room and that was nice. The heater was so loud i slept like crap the whole time. The shower has no pressure and the tub had a crack/hole that water started leaking below the tub. I did have a room with a hot-tub but when I got out the drain stop would not open so I could not get the water to drain and I didn't want maintenance in my room that late. The Pool was closed so I never used it and I skipped breakfast since because Starbucks is right down the road and I love breakfast and the peeps that I can hang out there.
My room was clean but that hotel is in need of a upgrade.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Inn Airport hotel in flint MI and frist of all the rooms was drity. I needed clean sheets and covers. I left sunday and payed with my credit card and they charged my card for the room and then monday I;m at work 4 hours away and when I came home and checked my card they charged me another 100.00 and than 50.00 but remind you I already paid 132.56 for two nights already. I tryed to call the hotel to see why and they are giving me the run around.They won't tell you who the managers is or let you speak with them. No one has called me back yet.. Don't stay there.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank DianeS535
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Walking into a Choice Hotels property can be like playing Russian Roulette - you never know if the property is going to be really run down or brand new. This hotel was somewhere in the middle of that spectrum, and I was pleasantly suprised. The hotel is not new and the rooms are not posh and updated, but the room I was in was very clean and comfortable. The carpet was not sticky, there were no water stains on the ceiling or in the bathroom, and there were no odd smells. The bed was comfortable, the appliances all seemed to work, and the room was spacious. There was HBO, the wireless internet worked well, and several restaurants are within walking distance. I had to catch an early flight and left before breakfast, so I can not comment on that, but based on what I have seen I would come here again.

Room Tip: First floor rooms = no stairs
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 January 2012

This is in the bottom two Comfort Inns I've stayed at. It smelled somewhat like smoke , although smoking is apparently not allowed, but you could definitely Smalliage rolling out of certain rooms. There is no elevator, and at first, they attempted to put me on the second floor where I would have to carry three loads of stuff up and down. I had them move me to a room on the first floor. The building is in someone disrepair, minor things mostly, but noticeable. The rooms all have refrigerators and microwaves, but the fridge in my room had broken knobs and wasn't cold. There was hair on the bathroom sink. There are marks on the wall, rugs are sort of tattered, plumbing fixtures in need of repair and updating. Fitness room had okay equipment that worked for the most part. The pool area was closed at the time.... for maintenance or broken or something. The young lady at the front desk was very friendly. This is an inexpensive hotel, and you basically get what you pay for.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 2 December 2011

This is my third review of this hotel. Before this year, it was a good hotel. I've had repeated probIems this year, but I gave it one last shot. The room key wouldn't half the time. The continental breakfast was not being maintained. The good desk staff has left and been replaced by poorly trained workers who don't care. The worst part was the wireless internet. I got the story of more dead spots in the hotel. The hotel staff seemed to know about the dead spots, but no one has bothered to fix the problem. I've been staying at this hotel for ten years, and these "dead spots" were never encountered before this year. To make the computer issue worse, the public computer in the lobby didn't work. When I tried to contact management through phone calls and e-mail, I never got any hint of response. I can only assume that since they haven't responded to these, or any of the other problems I've had there this year, that they don't care about repeat business. That's fine, because I do a lot of work in the Flint area, and my money will spend just fine at another hotel!

Room Tip: Go south on to I-69, go east to Davison, and check into that Comfort Inn instead.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank travelbobKalamazoo
Reviewed 15 November 2011

We haved stayed here for the past 10 years or so for our anural fall shopping weekend at Birch Run. We have watched this property slowly fade. The rooms are worn and while not dirty, need to be updated and freshened. We did find a cockroach in the bathroom of #139 on night two of our stay and mice ran out of room #134 on the 1st morning. The hotel was full this past weekend and the breakfast area couldnt keep up with the demand. The pool was closed and smelled thoughout the hotel. The carpets are stained and dirty in both the rooms and common areas.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends