We stayed for two nights just before the new year. We are a family of five and stayed in a family suite and had the splastastic package.
Room: Family suite was very nice it had two queen beds and a pull out sofa. Beds were a little to soft for my liking but I have a bad back. Linens and feather top bed was like butter. We had a balcony and fire place.
Water park: Was very crowed but clean and the kids loved it. Alot of rude children and left me feeling good about my own children. The lazy river had a women with a baby on her lap and she held onto the side at a corner and would not let people pass by. It was very busy and it would get backed up. This women would take her elbow and hand and push peoples tubes away from her even though there was now place for them to go and almost flipped a few kids over! Selfish*
Tower pool: Used to be a hidden gem. Well not anymore the water was so dirty my kids wouldn't even get in.
Food: Breakfast buffet which was included for two mornings was perfect. The pizza, sticks and pop included was perfect for the five of us with left overs. Zehnders family chicken dinner was included also. Our waiter was not up to par we go to eat there every year over the holidays and she was not the norm. No soup had to ask for it. Then at the end she asked well do you want a bill so you can see what your bill would of been? Well of course! What did she think we wouldn't leave a tip...is this why we got sub par service? Our favorite was the Frankenmuth Brewery. Good food, drinks, atmoshere and service.
FYI the "beach towels" are the size of a pillow case.
I don't think we would return for two nights again we left ther exhasted and felt like I needed a getaway from that getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel and Waterpark offers 178 deluxe accommodations including 74 family suites. Enjoy over 50,000 sq. Ft. Of aquatic fun with our six-story family raft ride and super loop body slide; zero-entry activity pool with water geysers, water basketball and volleyball, Action River, Splash Landing play area, Dumping Bucket, Giggling Gorge and Perilous Plunge 4 story tube slides, relax in the Whimsical Whirl Hot Tub or just float along the Crooked Brook Creek Lazy River. For the landlubber have fun at our arcade or lunch at Elf hollow cafe or the Mushroom Grille. A towering 26-foot tree is a prominent feature in the hotel lobby with a large gas fireplace built into the trunk. Zehnder's Splash Village includes elves and fairies as part of the waterpark and hotel's overall theme. Complimentary shuttle service is available to Zehnder's Restaurant and The Fortress Golf Course. Come and join the fun today at one of Michigans top family destinations and Frankenmuth's largest and only indoor waterpark, Zehnder's Splash Village Frankenmuth, MI. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Zehnder`s Splash Village Hotel And Waterpark
- Zehnders Splash Village Frankenmuth
- Zehnders Splash Village Hotel Waterpark
- Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel & Waterpark Frankenmuth, Michigan