We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Frankenmuth
Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel & Waterpark
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Frankenmuth
Reviewed 4 January 2012

We stayed for two nights just before the new year. We are a family of five and stayed in a family suite and had the splastastic package.

Room: Family suite was very nice it had two queen beds and a pull out sofa. Beds were a little to soft for my liking but I have a bad back. Linens and feather top bed was like butter. We had a balcony and fire place.

Water park: Was very crowed but clean and the kids loved it. Alot of rude children and left me feeling good about my own children. The lazy river had a women with a baby on her lap and she held onto the side at a corner and would not let people pass by. It was very busy and it would get backed up. This women would take her elbow and hand and push peoples tubes away from her even though there was now place for them to go and almost flipped a few kids over! Selfish*

Tower pool: Used to be a hidden gem. Well not anymore the water was so dirty my kids wouldn't even get in.

Food: Breakfast buffet which was included for two mornings was perfect. The pizza, sticks and pop included was perfect for the five of us with left overs. Zehnders family chicken dinner was included also. Our waiter was not up to par we go to eat there every year over the holidays and she was not the norm. No soup had to ask for it. Then at the end she asked well do you want a bill so you can see what your bill would of been? Well of course! What did she think we wouldn't leave a tip...is this why we got sub par service? Our favorite was the Frankenmuth Brewery. Good food, drinks, atmoshere and service.

FYI the "beach towels" are the size of a pillow case.

I don't think we would return for two nights again we left ther exhasted and felt like I needed a getaway from that getaway.

3  Thank missypjordan
Write a ReviewReviews (1,120)

Reviewed 4 January 2012

Our family has made an annual tradition of spending New Year's Eve at Splash Village and our girls (ages 2 and 5) always have a wonderful time. We have always received exceptional service and this visit was no different. Having stayed in a few different rooms, I highly recommend the loft suites if you can afford to spend a little extra. They are the closest to the water park and restaurant, but because of their layout they also seem to be the quietest, especially the upstairs bedroom. This way important for us -- after a long day of playing our girls need a good night's sleep! The dragonfly parlor suites are also very nice and we appreciate having two bathrooms. The rooms feature all the standard amenities, including special kid's bath wash (another favorite of our girls). The food in the restaurant is very good, as is the service, and is reasonably priced considering the very generous portions. While we do not have any dietary restrictions, I overheard another family who had requested gluten-free meals and the restaurant seemed to be able to accommodate their request without issue. The New Year's Eve event is really well planned and executed! There's so much fun stuff for the kids to do -- face painting, a caricature artist, balloon animals, movie night, a magic show -- and then a huge buffet dinner, followed by a DJ, dancing, party favors and a midnight balloon drop. Whew! If you have little ones, try to squeeze in a nap before dinner.
The water park is in great condition and is kept very clean. There's something to do for kids of all ages. Our girls enjoy everything except the biggest water slides. The lifeguards are friendly and attentive. As is to be expected, the facility is heavily chlorinated, so plan breaks from the park. You could hit the arcade, or head next door and get your Christmas fix (year-round!) at Bronner's. There's also lots to see and do in downtown Frankenmuth.

1  Thank Bethany P
Reviewed 27 December 2011

This was our first time staying here and we did so while visiting relatives over Christmas. First, the room was great, much wider than most rooms nowadays and didn't have that cheap new hotel feel that is all to common in the new hotels being built. That being said, our room was just about as far from the waterpark as it could be. When driving to the back of the hotel, you are directed to go to 'Door A.' Sounds easy enough but as you approach the only door at the back of the hotel, you will see 'East Tower' instead of 'Door A.' After you drive by it once and look closely you will see the 'Door A.' You will get your exercise going to the waterpark or restaurant but keep in mind that there is a regular pool/hot tub just down the hall in the back of the hotel. Turns out our 7 year old preferred this pool because the 'water is deeper' than the waterpark, thus he could jump a bit more. Not many people at this pool which is nice but the hot tub here looks pretty nasty. Looks like water straight from Saginaw Bay. The water in these pools and in the waterpark is a little cooler than expected and borderline uncomfortable. For the price of the rooms, warmer water would be a welcome addition and keep in mind there are a lot of kids at this hotel; thus a lot of uncontrolled running and noise in the hallways. That being noted, we never felt like the kids were running the waterpark and didn't feel 'pushed around' by them like we did at Kalahari or on our recent cruise. However, with both Splash Village and Kalahari being just about equal distance from us, my preference would likely be Kalahari.

Room Tip: This used to a regular hotel so the rooms at the back are built rock solid and nice. Not sure about...
2  Thank E C
Reviewed 22 November 2011

This was our second stay at this property - same exact room. We booked the Dragonfly Parlor Suite deliberately because it is a 2 room suite with a door in between the living room and the bedroom. With 2 young children, we need to stagger their bed times so that we all get a good night's sleep, and having a 2 room suite with a door is really the only way to do that. A couple of comments:
1). I found our rate online but booked over the phone. The web was showing 2 rates - $169 and $179 for the same room. When I called, the woman on the phone told me that both rates were available and that there were limited rooms at the lower rate, so once they were booked it was the higher rate only. She assured me that she was locking in the lower rate for me. At check out, I was billed $179 - the higher rate. When I questioned it, they did something in the computer and credited me the 10 bucks. Good thing I looked - I wonder how many other people has this happened to?
2). This hotel advertises free internet. Our suite was at the far end of the hotel away from the lobby and there was NO SIGNAL there. When I asked at the desk, I was told that "internet is guaranteed in the lobby". OK, that is NOT what is advertised. Well, again, I have 2 small children whom I want to put to bed, then I had some work to do on the computer. I am not going to put my kids to bed and then leave the room and walk to the lobby on the other side of the hotel to get online. Kind of defeats the purpose of having the 2 room suite that I specifically booked and paid extra for. They really need to expand their wireless signal to include the ENTIRE hotel. This is standard nowdays. There is really no excuse and I wasn't too happy with the explanation that I should have come to the lobby. I think it's ridiculous to expect me to leave my 2 year old and 5 year old locked in the room alone, and I'm kind of shocked that this family resort would suggest such a thing.
3). Both the water in the water park and the air in the water park are freezing. The first day that we were there, my 2 year old was visibly shaking after just a few minutes in the pool. The a/c was on full blast. Not sure why. We had to keep getting in the hot tub just to warm up. Rates at this place are high enough, heat the water. The second day, the air was at least 10 degrees warmer. Obviously, they turned up the heat. Sorry, but in November, you can't have the room cold. No real reason for cold water, either.
4). A kid pooped in the baby pool while we were there. For whatever reason, that pool is connected to the dump bucket and the big yellow slide and all of the water attractions on the one end of the park. Everything was shut down for an hour to clean up. Unfortunately, the lifeguards didn't communicate with the lifeguard at the top of the yellow slide that they were shutting off the water. She sent one of my kids down, they shut the water off, and he got stuck halfway down. With half of the park shut down, our options were the basketball pool and the lazy river. We ended up leaving because my kids had done those already and were too small for the big slides. There was no compensation offer for people who missed out. I understand accidents happen - but is it really necessary to be shut down for an hour to fish out a few turds and run chlorine through?
4). 4pm check in and 11am check out are ridiculous. The prices here are high enough - hire more staff to clean the rooms faster and expand the hours. Sorry, but no one wants to use the locker room before or after they check out - esp not in winter - and then have to unload or load their car after being wet and in the water park.
5). Overall, I gave this the rating I did because my kids love the water park. We had a better time last time we came and that is why we came back. Too many things went wrong this time and not enough solutions were offered. I don't think it's the best deal in the area, and if my husband and I came without the kids we would skip it. It's also nice to be right next door to Bronners, but again, not a necessity worth paying these prices for that convenience.
6). This is directed to the management - Suite 1 has suffered some significant wear and tear since we last stayed in it 2 years ago (same weekend). It could use a good cleaning, a MAJOR upgrade to the heating system (it was either freezing or Dante's inferno in our room so I was up several times during the night adjusting the temperature) and the addition of a retractable clothesline in the shower to hang bathing suits to dry.

Room Tip: Closer to the lobby if you can help it - maybe you will get internet service.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Amy L
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Rooms are really decent and very spacious. Only complaint is that the water is COLD!!!! in Splash village pools ( even my tough hubby complained). The water park itself is really great and my 3 year old son had a blast. He could do everything except the enclosed tube slide (too fast for the little ones). Ask for a balcony room with a view- ours overlooked another room and a wall- Bronners is right next door. Overall good hotel and town to hang out in for a night or two- gets you in the mood for Christmas. Chicken dinner taste test: we thought Bavarian Inn was better than Zehnders and their shops downstairs were cute.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Tylercameronsmom
Reviewed 7 November 2011

The room, indoor water park, and overall hotel were nice but the staff were the rudest I have ever encountered. After putting $200 down as a deposit to hold two rooms, they refused to let my brothers check in when they arrived. I called FOUR times to work on getting things fixed and they made promises, got off the phone, and did nothing to honor the reservation. They were rude and incompetent. If you do stay there (which I don't recommend), bring all of your printed confirmations and receipts including credit card bill for the deposit.
It took over and hour and a half to get it ironed out. They finally admitted that it was their mistake but NEVER apologized or offered us any kind of compensation at all. The hotel restaurant staff were rude also, do NOT buy any kind of breakfast/dining package with your room, go out to eat.
The water park was a complete blast though, really a lot of fun and the kids loved it.

Room Tip: If you get adjoining rooms, you should know it is a french door (all glass panes with no curtain) be...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank northvillelady
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Came for only an afternoon with the cub scouts. My son wanted to leave after five minutes because of a cheaper lifeguard told him be could not wear his goggles. He did wear them and all was ok. He had a blast in the park. Overall its a good waterpark for its size

• Stayed: November 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankenmuth
0.8 km away
8.1 km away
Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth
1.5 km away
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth

Been to Zehnder's Splash Village Hotel & Waterpark? Share your experiences!