All reviewsice cream socialsgreat campingpull thrugreat parktravel trailerlaundry areamackinac islandenjoyed our staywould stay againcampersrestroomscabinfacilitiesshowergagaminingdave
Reviewed September 4, 2017

We stayed three nights prior to the Labor Day bridge walk. Lots to do at this campground, love the Cable, Wifi far exceeding this techies expectation. I had better service here than at some Hotel's I have stayed at. Great job! Loved our full hook-up pull through site, and our Husky loved the K9 park! Very pet friendly here. My only comment, consider providing slightly more wood for $5. From a local we get twice the amount of wood for $3 and it burns better. The bundle we got was hard to burn. All the pluses, plus the great neighbors made up for it! Next year I am hopeful to book at the Mackinaw City location for the bridge walk, but I would gladly come back to stay at this one at any other time in the future.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
CamperSupport, Guest Relations Manager at Gaylord KOA, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your great review! We're so glad to hear that our wifi exceeded your expectations and your four-legged friend enjoyed the dog park! We also appreciate your suggestion and will be sure to pass your comments on to our management team. It was a pleasure having you and we look forward to seeing you again sometime!

Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

As I was checking in, I was told visitors were charged an additional $4 to visit.....This is after I had already forked out $154 for three nights stay. I quite frankly thought not much about it but then my eldest daughter decided to join myself and my 81 year old mother for dinner at the campsite. I gave my daughter the gate code to enter as she is MY family. We were eating our dinner at our picnic table and our host rode up on his bike, interrupted dinner, to tell us she needed to pay that $4. Really? She was staying for approximately one hour! We weren't having a party, drinking around the campfire or being loud or obnoxious....just a family dinner. I was then scolded by the host, I wasn't supposed to give out the gate code. All for $4 dollars! I think it's a shame that they advertise as family oriented. Clearly not the case.
P.S our site was small and thankfully we had an rv with no slide outs. Fire pits are placed in very awkward places.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank luckyx6
Reviewed May 29, 2017 via mobile

Just got home from a weekend trip at Gaylord KOA. This is camping how camping should be, with all the comforts of home. It's set back in the forest, lots of shady trees, sandy, gravel roadways, walking paths, a stream to follow. You are really back in nature!! It's so peaceful and quiet. Some campgrounds are just cement pads and grass and no trees. Not this one. This is the real deal!!! It's so beautiful!

There is a lot to do also, hay rides, ice cream socials, mining, jumping g pad, bike rentals, play grounds, Gaga ball, volleyball, basketball, horseshoes, and much a k-9 playground and much more. You will never be bored!!

The owners are so nice and helpful also. The restrooms are so clean and spotless! The showers are some of the best of any campground I've been in! The entire campground is immaculate.

We really enjoyed our stay. We will definitely be back again and again!!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Kelly L
CamperSupport, Guest Relations Manager at Gaylord KOA, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2017

Wow, Kelly, we appreciate your glowing review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed a true camping experience with us! We work hard to provide plenty of things to do as well as a peaceful environment to relax in, and we love hearing that we have met that goal! It was a pleasure having you! You're welcome back anytime!

Reviewed May 28, 2017 via mobile

This was my family's first time camping in our travel trailer and we couldn't have had a better experience for our first time. The owner's and their staff were so friendly and eager to help and answer questions.

The campground was very well kept with lots of fun extras, like their new jump pad and jump shot, gaga ball, mining station, miniature golf, two parks and more! It's definitely a great place for a family with children. We also really appreciated the enforced quiet time.

The roads were well kept and not full of potholes, which were also great for bike riding. Our site was a pull through with full hookup and was very well kept: solid gravel ground, picnic table and small fire pit and very spacious. The free Wi-Fi and cable was also great!

I wish every camping trip could be this positive and so much fun. We will definitely return and recommend!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Tonya f

Thank you for camping with us, Tonya, and for your 5-star review! We are thrilled to hear that you and your family enjoyed our activities and had such a positive experience! We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed November 19, 2016

Had a pleasant stay. Was in a brand new site only trouble I had was the ground was a bit soft when I ran our leveling jacks down they sunk in. Other than that was a very clean facility. We were right next to the swimming pool and to be expected it was a little noisy.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CamperSupport, Guest Relations Manager at Gaylord KOA, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2016

We're so happy to hear you had a great stay with us! We are glad you enjoyed our grounds and facilities. Thank you for your kind review, and we hope to see you again sometime soon.