“Great beer, good atmosphere, spicy food”
Review of Creston Brewery

Creston Brewery
Ranked #103 of 1,018 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Reviewed October 23, 2018

Went here for lunch on a weekday. The atmosphere was very cool - lot of natural light and old hardwoods, in an up and coming neighborhood. My husband and I both sampled a couple beers before deciding, and all that we tried were great. I loved the look of the menu, however the food was REALLY spicy. We both really like spicy food, and this was even a little much for us (can't imagine what it would be like for those that don't love heat). Even the sides (tater tots and veggie ratatouille) had a kick. We'd definitely go back, but would be a little more conscious in our food choices knowing how spicy everything is.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed August 28, 2018

For a wonderful event in a magical space, we recommend the Golden Age Room at Creston Brewery. Our family reunion there was great! The space is elegant and open with high, antique tin ceilings and huge windows on three sides. As night falls the glass disappears and you are surrounded by the sky and stars. Roger, the event manager for the Golden Age Room, met with us and personally handled all the set up, food, and details of our event. He prepared the room, brought out the food, and stayed to make sure everything was perfect. Mariea, the woman who managed the bar was a delight and with Roger helped to make our guests feel welcome. The food was GREAT and so was the beer. Our family beer maker and connoisseur said that every beer he tried was excellent! We should not overlook how helpful it is that Creston has a large elevator for people who have difficulty climbing stairs as some of our older family did. We all had a wonderful time, many stayed later than planned, and we have been reminiscing over tasty leftovers. Thanks to the good people at Creston!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 3, 2018

we all liked the atmosphere, it was very relaxing and was not loud. there was no live music when we were there. my wife really liked their succotash our Cuban sandwiches were real good. I tried 3 different beers ( 5 oz size) they were good.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed May 19, 2018

We went to Creston Brewery with our family to celebrate our daughter's college graduation. We called several hours before we arrived to make a reservation. When we arrived, we were told it was not a reservation, just a "phone ahead." What does that mean? It means you have to wait when you arrive...for over 10 minutes! Our server was friendly and helpful. The food was good, not great. Very spicy sauces! We were seated next to a place where it looked like they had live music from time to time. About 15-20 minutes before we left, a DJ set up in that area and started music that was very LOUD. Much louder because we were sitting right in front of the speakers. My mother-in-law was just getting over vertigo (an issue affecting the inner ear) and my 12-year-old special needs daughter is hyper-sensitive to loud noises. After about 5 minutes of not being able to hear the person next to or across from me, I asked the server if the music could be turned down for about 15 minutes. I explained that a few people in our party were sensitive to the loud volume. A few minutes later, the manager came by to tell me there was nothing she could do about the loud music. I'm sorry, you're the manager; yes, you can do something about the music. She then offered me a free drink (we were going to leave soon), to sit outside (65 degrees, cloudy, and many of my family in dresses and sandals; outside, really??), or to move to another table (we were going to leave soon). We weren't told when we were seated that this music would start before we were done. Overall, I was very unsatisfied with my experience and very upset with the manager. My daughter loves the place, but I can assure you I won't be back.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 17, 2018

There is a steady rotation of creativity and innovation in the line-up of beers here. The food is also always evolving in a never-ending discovery of deliciousness.

Date of visit: February 2018