“A good meal”

The Chop House - Grand Rapids
Reserve with OpenTable
The Chop House - Grand Rapids is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 992 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Price range: US$30 - US$80
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed December 15, 2017 via mobile

I visited the Chop House with friends this week .
I had heard good reviews so was looking forward to it.
Actually it was not as special as I was expecting !
Out of all the places we have eaten in GR this was the only place that did NOT mention allergies on their menu !!
There was no GF by the side of the food and no one was that confidant about what had gluten in it.
I was astonished that they didn’t seem to take it that serious, people like myself have to be realy certain that if they are allergic to something they realy need to know what’s in the food !
In saying all this the steak was lovely and cooked to perfection , was the food worth the price ? No I don’t think so , but if the Chop House get their GF menu up together then I would be happy to visit again .

1  Thank Krystina A
MSVRestaurants, Guest Relations Manager at The Chop House - Grand Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2017

Hello,
Thank you for the feedback. I am disappointed to hear about your poor experience at The Chop House. I have forwarded your review to our General Manager, Harry Johnson, and we would really like to speak with you personally. If possible, please contact Harry at (616) 451-6184. If you prefer to provide your contact information I would be happy to pass it along to him. We truly hope to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed December 13, 2017 via mobile

Cigar smokers - BEWARE!!! You’ll never have an opportunity for an after dinner cigar. Always a reason they can’t accommodate you. Third time this year we’ve been there, third time they are not able to accommodate us. We are here often and will find another establishment and tell our friends, as well.

Reviewed November 18, 2017

Went out for my wife's birthday as they have a very good birthday special. We both had Filet's that we very tender, but not as flavorful as we would like and both were somewhat undercooked. Sides of mashed potatoes and Asparagus was very good. Soup and Salad starters were also both good, but not overwhelming for the price. Drinks were very good.

MSVRestaurants, Guest Relations Manager at The Chop House - Grand Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2017

Hello,
Thank you for the great review. I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience at The Chop House. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

Had the beef Wellington and it was good not great. The lobster bisque was excellent!! As well as the wedge salad. The scalloped potatoes were .. eh!
Still wood recommend highly

Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

I had the pleasure celebrating my anniversary dinner with my husband at the chop house. Atmosphere is romantic and comfortable. Staff is very attentive and friendly. I don’t know where they find such a great staff.

Our waiter Jordan was amazing. Very personable, knew the menu very well and made our experience extra special.

Lobster bisque I could eat everyday. The best I ever had, husband too. The flavors were incredible. Loved our NY strip steaks. Cooked perfectly. Jordan’s suggestion of medium + plus was perfect for me. They cook a little under than most chop house. The flavor on the steak was delicious. Didn’t need a single thing added, perfect just the way it was.

Thank you for a perfect anniversary dinner!!