“New Years Eve”

The Chop House - Grand Rapids
Reserve with OpenTable
The Chop House - Grand Rapids is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 1,009 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Price range: US$30 - US$80
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

Fantastic New Years Eve Dinner with family. The New Years special 8oz filet and the Cowboy Steak was done perfectly. Service was exceptional from the bar to the table.

MSVRestaurants, Guest Relations Manager at The Chop House - Grand Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2018

Hello,
Thank you for the great review. I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience at The Chop House. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 31, 2017 via mobile

Wonderful service and food. Chilean Sea Bass was one of the best I’ve ever had and the Chocolate Decadence was to die for.

MSVRestaurants, Guest Relations Manager at The Chop House - Grand Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2018

Reviewed December 27, 2017 via mobile

First time here visiting here,
This place was fitting for a great meal after the hectic holidays.
We started out and ordered the French Onion Soup and Salad (Grilled Hearts of Romaine ) with applewood smoked bacon.
Then for sharing of Accompaniments
We picked Cheddar Au Gratin Potatoes, Grilled Asparagus, and Baked Three Cheese Macaroni with Roasted Poblano Peppers.
These were spot on delicious we nibbled on a few of these, very filling and in order to have room for the main course we took these home.
For Entrees we both chose the Chef's Special of the night, a 11 ounce Filet Mignon with Goat Cheese with Peppercorns with a Demi-Glace. Medium plus was the temp. It was mentioned by or Server that they
under cook the meat here, and to order one above what you would normally pick.
The timing between the each course was perfect and attention to detail from beginning to end was great.
Once our entrees arrived they were hot and as described, flawless start to finish each bite was perfect the filet was tender and juicy. Little effort was needed to cut the pieces off. To finish off the night we ordered the Creme Brulee' Cheesecake Of the Day. today's selection was with a oreo crust,
This was a spot on delicious and a must have was rich and flavorful. Once done with dinner there is a cigar lounge in the lower level of the restaurant which u can choose from hand rolled cigars and gourmet desserts.
However we walked by the steps leading to this section but we were running late and could not indulge in this area.
Next time will we do this.
I would recommend this place hands down, this needs to be on your bucket list of places to enjoy a great dinner and pleasing atmosphere which make a night out here complete.

MSVRestaurants, Guest Relations Manager at The Chop House - Grand Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2017

Reviewed December 25, 2017

Wow-- ask for a booth as it's just a beautiful setting and if you have a larger group, ask for the table under the pink chandelier, which is the most gorgeous photo op ever. Ask to split the lobster bisque ( it's wonderful and very filling). We also love the shrimp cocktail. And they make a great oyster shooter. (negatives) Our waitstaff was a bit off timing. just right in the middle of a full mouth of appetizers to begin the rest of our order. " You can finish chewing" ---- yes, I can finish my appetizer, thank you. -- Of course then a full half hour before they came back-- and then filling the wineglasses at the end of the meal. It's very difficult to get that wine back in the bottle if you didn't want it. Lots of weird timing stuff. I would give a 1 star for the service---but for the food! wow on the steaks--- I would give up on the potato fluffer person, because by the time she makes it to the table the potato is too cold for the butter and sour cream? And a 1 pound potato needs a lot of butter and sour cream so that was weird and cold. Also, just a beware about the restrooms are 2 flights of stairs away! No one directed us to an elevator? So-- excellent rating for food and ambiance is amazing. The wine list is tiny, and maybe the waitstaff need training.

Hello,
Thank you for the feedback. I am disappointed to hear about your poor experience at The Chop House. I have forwarded your review to our General Manager, Harry Johnson, and we would really like to speak with you personally. If possible, please contact Harry at (616) 451-6184. If you prefer to provide your contact information I would be happy to pass it along to him. We truly hope to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed December 15, 2017 via mobile

I visited the Chop House with friends this week .
I had heard good reviews so was looking forward to it.
Actually it was not as special as I was expecting !
Out of all the places we have eaten in GR this was the only place that did NOT mention allergies on their menu !!
There was no GF by the side of the food and no one was that confidant about what had gluten in it.
I was astonished that they didn’t seem to take it that serious, people like myself have to be realy certain that if they are allergic to something they realy need to know what’s in the food !
In saying all this the steak was lovely and cooked to perfection , was the food worth the price ? No I don’t think so , but if the Chop House get their GF menu up together then I would be happy to visit again .

1  Thank Krystina A