“Valentine’s Day Dinner”

The Chop House - Grand Rapids
Reserve with OpenTable
The Chop House - Grand Rapids is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 1,018 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Price range: US$30 - US$80
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We wanted a special meal for our first Valentines Day together. The food was disappointing for the price. I was expecting the expense, but expected better food. The service was great and the dessert was amazing. They have a very tasty sorbetto.

Date of visit: February 2018
MSVRestaurants, Guest Relations Manager at The Chop House - Grand Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2018

Hello,

Thank you for the great review. I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience at The Chop House. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 31, 2018

My husband and I split an 11oz. filet so we could try other things too. The wedge salad was crispy and fresh. My only complaint is if you don’t want clue cheese dressing your only other choice is creamy garlic, no ranch to be had. I got past that with the lobster bisque....the best I’ve ever had. (Wish it had more lobster but so worth it). You have to try the creamed sweet corn. It has a little kick with small bits of jalapeño peppers. I didn’t try thenau gratin potatoes but those who did raved about them. We had a rather large group and the staff served us all at the same time. Nice touch. Brittany was our server and she did a fantastic job. Well done!

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

Went here for our first anniversary. Everything was amazing!! The server was very knowledgeable and made recommendations that changed our mind on our original order. He suggested the sea bass over the scallops and we were not disappointed. The lobster bisque was so delicious I wanted to lick the bowl. It is expensive but well worth it. They also offer 50% off of your total check for 2 on your birthday with your licence proving it's your birthday.

Date of visit: January 2018
MSVRestaurants, Guest Relations Manager at The Chop House - Grand Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2018

Reviewed March 9, 2018

Located across from from the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel, this restaurant is one of the best fine dining restaurants in Grand Rapids. Offering a full bar on the main level and sultry lighting and intimate atmosphere for those special occasions or if you just want to spoil yourself. Extra seating and a "Cigar" room downstairs is available and ideal for private engagements.

I went to a cast party for the Broadway show "The Body Guard" and the service and hors douvres were great. The cocktail shrimp were ginormous, petite lamb chops, cheeseburger sliders, boneless chicken skewers, cheese bread, fruit & cheese were just a few of the samplings.

I walked there from my work, so I'm not sure if they validate parking, but I would be surprised if they didn't. This restaurant is known for their choice varieties of Steak and Fillet. Reservations are encouraged.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed March 5, 2018 via mobile

I came here with a buddy after a comedy show to have a cigar and a glass of scotch. Server was very helpful and knowledgeable. This place is pricy, but worth it. Highly recommend!

Date of visit: February 2018