“Taste Bud Explosion”

Price range: US$4 - US$15
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

This is a fun and fabulous place that will make your creative juices flow. As you walk in there is so much going on in the space from the open kitchen area to the large cheetah mural on the wall. Then there is the menu filled with creative offering from a new twist on the familiar French Dip to the exotic vegetarian Egg Plant and Portobello dish and 40 Root Beers (only one on tap) to wash it all down. Your mouth will be jumping for joy. I had the Monsieur Bouef La TeTe (French Dip) Awesome!!! Along with their on-tap root beer which was super refreshing. I will be back!!! Oh, the neighborhood is and old area under regentrification and is very cool with it’s brick-paver streets.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

We love this place always have a great food experience. Had a short wait for a table around 1pm on a Friday. The sweet potato fries are frickin amazing!!! Daughter got the grilled cheese and chicken lentil soup very good. I had the Healthy Hutt. Sautéed quinoa, al dente green lentils, and spinach sautéedwith olive oil, fresh garlic, chili powder and cumin, with FRESH panseared salmon and finished with Dijon vinaigrette and black pepper.
Very yummy.... although my piece of salmon was very small.
My husband got Monsieur boeuf la teteThin shaved smoked beef brisket with caramelized onions, cheddar and horseradish cream on a crusty baguette with a side of au jus. He enjoyed this as well. Server was very pleasant. Atmosphere is very cool.

1  Thank Michelle H
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

We live 45 minutes away and this is one of our fav places to eat. Everything taste Homemade and fresh. Root beer selection is second to none. I always get one on tap in a frosty glass. French dip (not called that but I can't recall the exact name) is the best I have had. Super flavorful and filling. Sweet potato fries and dipping sauces are to die for, couldn't stop eating them. Love this place!

1  Thank eh37526
Reviewed 9 October 2017

I ordered the Quinoa dish with black beans and even with the dressing I didn't get much flavor. My son had the Macaroni and Cheese and it was very tasty, The waiter was very prompt and nice and the Root Beer choices were cool and entertaining.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Visited our son that lives in GR and invited him out to brunch. A former girlfriend that is still a good friend of his joined us. We asked him to choose as we wanted someplace unique, eclectic and good. He chose Electric Cheetah. It was only a few miles from his place. It is located in the really cute neighborhood on Wealthy Street. So many cute shops and little eateries all around. We entered and was greeted by a very friendly gentleman. I believe his name may have been Jim. Don't quote me! Sat at a table near the kitchen but no problem. We were approached by a young lady who called us friends which put a big smile on my face and made us feel very welcome! Besides water, I ordered coffee, husband ordered a sarsparilla and our son ordered a root beer, that was on tap! They have a huge variety of rootbeers with quite a few on tap. Perusing the menu, I picked the Donkey Long Toast, two large wedges of banana bread with banana slices, a beautiful caramel sauce and a small serving of maple syrup. Dusted with powdered sugar. So good. Very dense bread with intense flavor. Just wonderful. I think there may have been some molasses in the bread. Just delicious! Husband ordered the #hashtag. Home fried potatoes with prime rib, a jalapeno BBQ sauce and a fried egg. Great smokey flavor on the prime rib and the BBQ had just the right amount of zing. Huge serving too. Husband couldn't finish the potatoes! Son's ex ordered the lemon ricotta pancakes with a side potatoes. Light and lemony she said they were almost like crepes. Son had the chicken and french toast and they call that Fried Chicken and Toasty. Fried chicken tenders with a vanilla battered french toast with peach compote and maple syrup. He didn't even use the syrup. He devoured it! This kid loves to eat. There are some amazing combinations on their brunch menu but definitely something for just about any palate. Highly recommend it. We had four breakfasts, three soft drinks and a coffee. Came to about $62 and we tipped generously. Great joint.

1  Thank Countryjules