“Cozy, Good Breakfast Spot”
Review of Cheshire Kitchen

Cheshire Kitchen
Ranked #127 of 1,037 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 29, 2018

Stopped in here for breakfast before hitting a few of the museums and heading back to Chicago after a weekend in Grand Rapids. The restaurant had great parking options and was located on a major street, so super accessible. Ordered coffee and food, which for me was the Ranch Hand omelette, and my partner some sort of hash. The food was very good, my partner's being a bit better than mine was. Portion sizes were excellent for the price. The only reason I choose to dock it a point was that the service was a bit slower than I would've expected. The restaurant was busy but not too busy, and a breakfast that we were hoping would take 30-45 minutes turned into an hour and fifteen minutes. Thankfully the environment was very inviting. Next time, I would budget some additional time to spend here.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

Cool deco, one side for the Democrats blue/ Republican Red.
After orientation at City.
Decided to stop by.
I had the Ruben burger, CoopD the hot mess? Burger with jalapeños ghost peppers not available
Max the breakfast burrito.
Sam the crabby patti, basically an eggs Benedict with crab patti, chorizo instead of the ham. Tastes way better than it looks.
Will go definitely go back.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

I don't normally write a review of a place I've never been to. However I have gotten Uber Eats from them 4-5 times and feel compelled to review.

I can't review atmosphere, so they get benefit of doubt.

I have ordered their burger, their hamburger chilli, club sandwich, chicken salad sandwich, and twice their Monte Cristo Hot Dog. The burger, chilli, and club were all very good and worth ordering. The chicken salad sandwich was below average, crossant overpowered any taste from chicken salad, a solid pass. The Monte Cristo Dog is the real reason for review. It was trully Phenomenal. It was so good i ordered it again only a couple of days after 1st time. For anyone wondering the Monte Cristo Dog is a hot dog on a bun then layered with turkey, then ham, then Swiss cheese, and finally covered with a strawberry jam drizzle over the top. OMG sooooooo good. Lastly their fries and onion rings are good too.

Service can't be reviewed so benefit of doubt.

Overall a 4 1/2 stars. Normally I would round down but the goodness of the Monte causes a round up. Will I order again? No doubt! Will I eventually visit the location? No doubt!

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank 747ChrisH747
Reviewed February 4, 2018

Horrible snowy day, but no problem parking behind. Wife had the breakfast burrito and thought it was pretty good. Other orders were scrambled eggs and omelet. Meals came out cool but the waitress took them back and they made everything fresh, which is the best way to handle it. The link sausage in natural casing was really good. So were the American Fries (potatoes), seasoned and moist. My omelet was perfect. Toast is thick, and they have homemade jelly which was good. All in all a great breakfast before getting in the car and driving across state in a snowstorm.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed December 15, 2017

I was so surprised at how great this place is! I got the veggie omelet & it was so good. I can tell the food quality is at a high standard and I love that they their potatoes are so different from anyone else's! It's quant & cozy, loved the vibes. The owner is very down to earth and professional at assisting our table.

Will be back!