“The Bistro Back Room is a Bummer”
Review of Euro Bistro

Euro Bistro
Ranked #77 of 984 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

This was our 3rd visit. The food was excellent, wine selection good, however, reservations fail to get seating in the main dining room... There are not too many tables. We were reminded of that as the hostess took us the back room and we were to be the only guests. The recovery was not great and two of us sat at a table designed for six. Make sure you secure a spot in the main dining room or try another spot.

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

We come here always hoping for a pleasant surprise, but always leave semi disappointed. Wine list is extensive and cocktails also offered. My husband’s vodka soda had to be sent back twice Bc the soda line was flat. Eventually he just ordered a beer Bc the soda was flat. Neither the server, nor the manager could tell us the name of the beer we ordered- but it was very good.
Shrimp scampi was very good.
The fresh egg noodles with mushroom and Marsala used to be my favorite, but lately the past few times I’ve ordered it it’s more like egg noodles with a very heavy mushroom and sweet Marsala gravy.
Also ordered the Lardon salad which was good.
Overall it’s so mixed here - food is typically good, but not special or spectacular. A few upgrades to the menu would be nice - even an option for flake salt would make this a more memorable experience Bc overall it’s not horrible, it’s just not amazing.
Friday evening in Grand Rapids restaurant is half full.
Keep your options open.

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

Had a great dining experience and a wonderful meal. Don't be put off by strip mall location. Very cozy and inviting inside. We both ordered the beef bourguignon and it was fantastic! Nice size portions with enough for another meal. The bread is wonderful as well. We had no room for dessert. We met the charming owner Akram as he circulates the restaurant checking with guests to make sure they are enjoying his food. Nice European touch. We highly recommend this hidden gem!

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Spent a week in Grand Rapids with friends, Went here for our "Last Supper." What a great surprise. My wife had the Coq au Vin, our friend had the risotto, and I had the Beef Bourguignon. All three exceeded our expectations and doggy bags were required. My wife thought the Coq was the best she ever had. My beef was not overdone and the sauce was superb. Just had to have some extra bread for dipping!

I thought the kitchen was a little slow, but forgot that when I started enjoying the meal

The restaurant is in a strip mall so you have to look sharp for it. The ambiance was just right for us and relatively quite for conversation. The wine list is ample and not overpriced.

This will be on the must do list on a return trip.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

The Euro Bistro is in a strip mall on 28th St. east of I-96......we ordered to go.....beef bourguignon and chicken in a white wine reduction.....both meals had too much wine on them, which would not have been a problem if they had been properly reduced.....but they weren't so there was a harsh alcohol taste that it was hard to get around.....the chicken and the beef and vegetables were good quality but the prep ruined it for us.