Hampton Inn & Suites Grand Rapids Airport / 28th St
Comfort Inn Airport(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
US$94
ComfortInn
US$124
US$119
Country Inn
Econo Lodge & Suites(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
US$65
EconoLodge
US$144
US$214
US$201
  • Pool
JW Marriott Grand Rapids(Grand Rapids)
US$267
US$224
  • Pool
US$75
US$68
Sleep Inn & Suites(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
US$71
Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
US$84
Hotels.com
Holiday Inn Grand Rapids - Airport(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$99
All reviewstarget storetarget parking lotwould stay here againgreat hotelgrand rapids airportdecent sizequiet locationstores and restaurantsrooms were very cleanthe breakfast areashuttle serviceking suitecomplimentary breakfastwould recommend this hotel to anyonebusiness centernice stayexercise room
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Check in for a two night stay and as stayed in other reviews, it is hard to find the first time. The location is very quiet and the staff that greeted us was very friendly. We had a room on the 3rd floor and we faced a beautiful water area right next to the hotel. That was a wonderful way to wake up in to morning to and also watch during the day.

The main down fall to the hotel was is was not as clean as it should be. Dust could be seen in the rooms on desk, table and fixtures. On the up side the breakfast staff was friendly and would help you with any of your needs.

I would go back again and this time I would like to spend a little time outside and enjoy the nature right outside your door.

Room Tip: Ask for a water view on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JS2323
HamptonGRAirport, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Grand Rapids Airport / 28th St, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. The staff at the Hampton Inn & Suites wants to make sure every guest stay is as enjoyable as possible and we are happy to hear you enjoyed the service provided. Your feedback allows us to constantly improve on our levels of service and accommodations. I have reviewed your comments with the staff. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

This Hampton was very clean and nice. The location is a little hard to find but once you found it, it was easy. It is close to everything you need. The front desk staff was great and we chatted each morning. They even have provide access to a 24/7 full service gym down the street!!! Thank you so much for that!! In this area we have stayed at many hotels and we find this one to be the best!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
gibbsama, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Grand Rapids Airport / 28th St, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience with other travelers. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed March 17, 2012

My stay was pleasant. Rooms were nice and clean. Bed, sheets and pillows all very comfortable. The fitness center was a little weak if you like getting in a workout. Don't let the location deter you. It's not that hard to find. My iPhone maps app got me there without a problem.

Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Monster_1981

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We would like to let you know that we will be updating our fitness center within the next year. We are glad you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed March 5, 2012

This hotel was as expected from a facilities perspective - rooms were clean and relatively spacious. Pool was a decent size, but the "fitness center" was essentially non-existent.

My issue is with the service (or lack thereof) initially provided at the front desk. We were in town for a volleyball tournament and we arrived at the hotel at close to 1:00 pm. I wanted to check in and then head to the tournament so that I would not be checking in that evening with what was sure to be a large number of guests (there was also a cheerleading team staying at the hotel). The representative at the desk not only would not accomodate our request to check in, she refused to even look to see if a room was available and was not friendly at all. Certainly some of the rooms must have been cleaned by then and even if they weren't, all we really wanted was to be assigned one so that we'd be all set when we returned. As such, I had to leave the tournament in the middle to check-in and then drove back to the Volleyball facility, which was quite inconvenient (it was 30 minutes away at Grand Valley State University). I will say that the person at the desk at this time, roughly 7:00 pm (Kelly) was very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sammy1006
gibbsama, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Grand Rapids Airport / 28th St, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2012

I am so sorry about the initial lack of courtesy and service you received when you tried to check in with us. Because you have made us aware of the situation, we will be able to address it with the staff member who was working that afternoon. We always strive to provide outstanding service to all of our guests and I'm sorry this was not the case for you. If you would like to discuss it further or provide us with any other feedback, please give us a call at 616-575-9144.

Amanda

Reviewed February 3, 2012

After reading what I thought were some glowing reviews on TripAdvisor, I write to say that I was disappointed with this stay of three nights on a business trip to G.R. I am a Hilton gold member and did not find the outstanding service and rooms of many other Hampton Inns. The service was less than inviting. The room and bath were average at best, no more. I found one night table when I would have expected two. The location is a challenge to find, but it is close to the airport and countless chain food restaurants close at hand. Not bad, but I have found better in G.R. My last two stays in G.R. were eight and ten years ago when I stayed at the Crown Plaza Airport and had very positive experinces.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
HamptonGRAirport, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Grand Rapids Airport / 28th St, responded to this reviewResponded February 29, 2012

We are very sorry to hear about the experience you had during your stay. My staff and I want to ensure every guest stay is as enjoyable as possible and I am sorry this was not your experience. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to constantly improve on our levels of service and accommodations. If we can be of further assistance to you please don’t hesitate to contact the hotel at 616.575.9144. We would be happy to talk further with you about the experience you had.