“Terrible is a understatement.”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #36 of 49 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I work in customer service & this is by far the MOST ridiculous thing that has ever happened to me. It was my birthday weekend, so yeah I was a little "gone" & might have been a little too loud, but the front desk person didn't call & say polietly can you quiet down. No, they yelled at me & were extremely rude to me. They don't allow visitors past 10pm! I had a visitor coming (obviously past 10pm) to just say hi & they told him to leave. When I let him in the back door because I had NO idea they had "rules" there. I recieved a rude phone call from the front desk person for that. If your gonna have "rules" at your hotel PLEASE inform your guests & learn to have proper customer service. I've never heard of that kind of "rule" at a hotel. I pretty much felt like I was being a prisoner & not treated like a guest. Also, its supposed to be non- smoking. BUT I constantly smelled marijuana in my room. In the morning there was a bunch of little kids running down the hall & yelling. I would like to know if those guests recieved rude phone calls because they were being too loud. They would also not give me a receipt when I checked out, which seems to me is pretty sketchy. I will NOT be going back to this hotel ever again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
travelodgegrr, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

All policies and conditions are stated on the registration form that is signed upon check in by the guest. Furthermore, restriction of visitors after 10PM is in the best interest and safety of our other guests. Finally, reservations made through third parties do not get receipts from hotel as payment was made to a booking agent and not the hotel.

Reviewed 7 February 2012

The hotel was clean and staff great.I wish I could remember the young lady who checked me in Sat 2/4. I left my semi new Samsung wi fi camera on desk, which I didn't know it was missing till hours later.When i called desk, it was waiting for me :-) Wilma was great during the reservation, and I wasn't diapointed when I met her Sunday morning . Breakfast was a nice, pool clean and perfect. Location could have been better. Would return:-)

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd floor balcony room, very nice extra :-)
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank pirate28
Reviewed 7 September 2011

This property is about 5 miles north of Calvin College, set away back from street traffic. Our room had both an outside and an inside door for convenience, and was very clean. We were pleasantly surprised by extra bathroom amenities including moisturizer, toothpaste, and a generous personal size of Mango Mandarin lotion, as well as fresh strawberries and packets of craisins on the breakfast bar, in addition to a wafflemaker and the usual breads and cereals. Also an indoor pool!

Room Tip: Our room 110 was in the back corner and a short walk to the lobby
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ANNAMARGARET B
Reviewed 13 August 2011

This place was great. Located close to downtown. very economical. The place was clean and smelt fresh. defiantly recommend people to stay here. The staff is very friendly. One thing i loved the most was the pool and the delicious breakfast

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2011

We were looking for somewhere in expensive but had the basic necessities we needed; fridge, mircowave, etc. So when on the hunt for where to stay, the staff was very helpfull in making sure we had these things. Upon arrival and walking into the room, there was a mildew smell coming from the AC. It was very offputting. My child crawls, and within 10 minutes on the ground, the childs knees were filthy. Considering that the weather was extremely hot, I of course did not bring pants..nor did I think I would need to bc of cleanliness. We went to go into the indoor pool...and it was COLD:( Also, my child and I left with a few bites from bugs..Im unsure If it was from a spider or from bed bugs...either way, that was terrible. So if looking for a place to take your children, probably not the place for you. If by yourself and on a budget, go right ahead.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2011

Very nice and helpful staff. Comfy bed. Clean but a bit worn. Very loud fan in the bathroom & coffee maker was broken.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 April 2011

Hotel office/lobby was very neat and clean and owner very personable and friendly. Hallways very neat and clean. Room was also very neat and clean and had bathroom amenities.....razor and pkt of coupons and trial size gems. Beds were very firm and comfortable and made no noise. Room also include a small refrigerator and also a safe. My daughter and I slept well and enjoyed our stay. Complimentary continental breakfast was very good. Hotel is also very close to Hwy 131 and only took between 5 and 10 mins to get to Van Andel Arena for our concert. Travelodge sits back off of 28th Street so it is very quiet in rooms, etc.

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd floor with private terrace.. Room 203
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
6.8 km away
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Grand Rapids, MI
11.1 km away
Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!