“Lots of value for the dollar” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travelodge Grand Rapids

Travelodge Grand Rapids
Ranked #32 of 49 Hotels in Grand Rapids
OH
“Lots of value for the dollar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2010

We found the motel to be very clean. The location is not unsafe, just not the best. The rooms have a small fridge, ironing board and iron, a safe, a wall hair dryer, alot for the money. The breakfast was very nice. Had all the basics plus a belguim waffle maker with fresh batter to make your own, included was fresh fruit. We were very satisfied.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Korean first
dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2009

The hotel was very clean and spotless. I will definitely be staying here the next time I come to grand rapids. Check-in was very quick and easy; staff was polite and efficient. The hotel staff was very polite and helpful

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2009

My daughter and I stayed here because we were in town for a concert at Van Andel Arena and didn't want to travel the 1 1/2 hours back home late at night. I booked the room based on the price and proximity to downtown. The neighborhood didn't seem completely safe. The room was small but clean. The heat/airconditioner was hard to regulate. Either it was on, and we were sweltering, or if we turned it off it got chilly in the room. Around dinnertime, there was a strong smell of spicy food in the hallways, yet there's not attached restaurant? I woke up at 2 a.m. to a couple arguing, I think downstairs? It went on for quite a while until I relented and put in earplugs that I had brought to wear to the concert. The staff was very friendly. The pool was clean, and a good temperature. The continental breakfast was pretty sparse. Although we did not have a bad experience, I still probably would not recommend the hotel to others.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
detroit,MI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2009

the rooms are clean but the door has a huge gap so we could hear everything and see directly in to the hall. The gap was around 1 inch. I will post pictures later. It does not shut all the way either so any one can push it open it it is not snug. The staff was nice but the people that stayed here are skanks. was here for a teacher conference and I felt very unsafe here. We were going to use the pool and we saw a man and woman having sex in the pool. Ewww. The exercise machines are very old. Here it is 430 am and I am sill awake as it is so loud here. It is like a constant party. It is Thursday night.When we arrived the room was around 40 degrees they did not even have the heat on in the room. It has individual noisy heaters. This place is not good...

I

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank shelly3433
Bethel, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2008

I arrived in Grand Rapids after dark on Sunday evening after driving 982 miles with no reservations. My intent was to check out the locations of the motels before I checked for availability, being a female traveling alone I was concerned about safety. I stopped for gas, got a local phone book and started my search for motels. There were many on 28th street, so I started that direction. I drove 28th and found the Travelodge to be favorable.
The owner and family were amazing. I questioned whether the area was safe, quiet, etc. and he assured me that all would be well and it was. I asked if I could get help unloading my Oxygen machine and he said certainly. By the time I drove around to my room, there he stood with two of his sons to assist me with the task of getting everything to my room. They were so polite and courteous. The next morning we had lake effect snow. The sidewalk was cleared from my room to the drivers side of my car --- amazing! I had traveled all over the US and have stayed in 5 star hotels, but have never felt so secure as I did during my stay here. The room and whole building was so clean, I was really impressed. I would definitely recommend this motel and will stay again.

Stayed November 2008
Indianapolis
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2008

Didn't like the place much. Needs update. Hallways need upgrade badly, and smells like Indian food. Room was ok, don't think it's entirely clean, old towels and sheets. Location is kind of bad, rundown area, but easy access to the highway though, convenient to get to downtown. Didn't feel quite safe there. Breakfast was ok, not much to say. Night clerks didn't know much about the town.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Location area
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
North America
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2008

I came back to Grand Rapids to see a friend. She works in the Grandville area and suggested a nearby hotel. I pulled in at 12:30 am with my daughter. We were tired. The place was a mess, so rather than stay we drove across town to a known property - Travelodge. I have already written a review of this property and I am happy to say that this trip has proved my first review. The rooms are clean and fresh smelling, the air conditioners work, the continental breakfast is tasty and the staff are friendly and welcoming - right from the manager on down to housekeeping, the beds are comfortable and the sheets are soft.
The property is well-kept inside and out. My daughter and I felt safe in this location, safety is important to me. There is a Walgreen's just west on the opposite side of the street. I said last time that it was a Guardian, it may have been then, or I was confused. This pharmacy is open 24 hours which is very helpful to those of us who need a pepto in the middle of the night. The pharmacy is a short walk from the premises. There is an Applebees a few miles east on 28th, and a BD's Mongolian Grill a few miles west along 28th. The hotel is near highway 131 and that highway links to the road for the mall (which has a beautiful carousel in the middle of it for those with children) which is along 44th eastbound. There are many other restaurants in that area as well. West along 28th are a few fast food burger places.
The property has an in-ground indoor pool which has been immaculate the whole stay despite large crowds of children this past weekend. The temperature is comfortable and the depth is only 3-4 feet so the little ones can play too. There is a small patio through the pool doors with some very happy rose bushes and a few tables at which you can sit and enjoy the birds and sunshine. Ice and vending machines are on all floors. There is satellite tv in the rooms and wireless high speed internet .
This is the only place I will stay in Grand Rapids on future visits. I have learned my lesson!

M

• Liked — The atmosphere and cleanliness.
  • Disliked — There was construction on 28th at the entrance.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grand Rapids
9.9 km away
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#34 of 49 in Grand Rapids

Been to Travelodge Grand Rapids? Share your experiences!