Cherry Tree Inn(Saanich)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$61
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$85/night.

US$121
Accent Inn Victoria(Victoria)(Great Value!)
US$193
Orbitz.com
US$123
US$135
TripAdvisor
All reviewscommonwealth pooloutdoor poolstationary bikefreezer compartmentfitness equipmentadjoining restaurantnice hot tubhockey tournamentwould stay here againsmall fridgebusiness tripferry terminalqueen suiteone night stayrooms are cleanfireside grilleasy access
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Good location, friendly and efficient staff, clean and quiet rooms. Will return and woud recommend to other busines and vacation travellers

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
JTrowbridgeManager, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Hotel & Suites by Wyndham Victoria Elk Lake, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience at our HOTEL with the TripAdvisor Community. We LOVE that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in Victoria for business or pleasure! Go Happy. Go Hojo.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Let me be clear this hotel has A-1 staff and the rooms are clean. good size and comfortable. What drives me crazy are the little things in this case the radio. I like to listen to the radio when I work, while I read the paper, have a coffee and go to sleep. The radio in the room was awful, squeaky little dollar store radio that could not receive anything. Is management afraid of people stealing?
I have just come off a stint where I have stayed in 6 different hotel brands in a week and half and this was my only negative on the trip, minor but leads into the other little thing. The restaurant. My friends and I spent an evening in the bar we drank way more than we ate which means they made good money off of us. The food is ok, bland but solid. We asked for some hot sauce, they brought a 1/4 oz, just enough, on a bill that was over a $130 ( mostly drinks) they charged us $0.25 for the hot sauce, REALLY? Most places have hot sauce on the table. My guess is that food was so bland that people were going through too much hot sauce so they started charging. Anyway overall a good stay and I will stay again and maybe try another place for food.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the pool side.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Pchips
JTrowbridgeManager, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Hotel & Suites by Wyndham Victoria Elk Lake, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor Community.
We understand how important all the ‘little things’ are that make a guests stay great. We apologize for the sound quality of the clock radio that was in your room. Even though this is the first complaint we have received in regards to the sound quality of the radio alarms clocks we are acting on your suggestion and have now started to upgrade the alarm clocks in our rooms. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention.
In regards to our restaurant and bar. You are so right ‘the little things do matter’. Food being ‘bland but solid’ is not the usual feedback our solid local following tell us, rave reviews are what keep us a popular little spot with locals and hotel guests. We like feedback and through constructive criticism we regularly try and improve our recipes, but without knowing which particular dish you found bland it is difficult for us to respond. If you could take a moment and respond to us directly at the hotel suites@hojovictoria.ca it would be greatly appreciated. The charge for the extra hot sauce is perplexing and we understand your disapproval. It should have been complimentary. We are assuming you ordered our chicken wings, which we have been told are the 'best in the city.' Next time you are in please let us know if there is a problem, with bland food, service or even pricing and we will make every effort to make you and all guests happy. ………….we do appreciate you taking the time out to let us know your concerns. Management knows that attention to detail is vital. It is through feedback from people such as yourself that we are able to improve.
Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

The Manager Jenna was very friendly and willing to give a great rate for our one night stay. The kitchen agreed to keep our cooler of frozen fish in the restaurants cooler overnight. The staff was very accommodating and it was very much appreciated. The room was clean and beds were comfortable. Thanks for a wonderful stay! The breakfast we had in the restaurant was good.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
JTrowbridgeManager, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Hotel & Suites by Wyndham Victoria Elk Lake, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Thank you for sharing your great experience with the TripAdvisor community.

It was a pleasure to meet you, exceed your expectations and make your stay with us a memorable one. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority, and its reviews like these that make us all happy. Looking forward to seeing you next time you are in Victoria. Thank you again for taking your time to let ALL of us know about your stay at the Howard Johnson Hotel and Suites. Go Happy. Go Hojo

Reviewed August 1, 2012

The room was clean and modern, with everything you need available. No complaints other than the pool being outside, which is ridiculous considering it rains 70% of the time in Victoria (I lived in Victoria for 11 yrs) A particularly upsetting situation occurred where a staff member put our 2 small children's safety at risk, but it was promptly rectified by the general manager. Customer service was average, although the front desk attendants seemed less than interested in greetings or pleasantries. Overall a good hotel with slightly above average rooms. I would stay here again. The food from the attached restaurant was excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool side room, because the highway on the other side is VERY loud.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay even though there were a few minor hiccups, we were able to please you in the end. We are also happy you enjoyed the food in our Restaurant. Thank you, and see you next time.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Well, I checked in for a 5 night stay. The lobby was very busy. The check in staff was friendly and efficient and always with a smile. The lobby is always spotless.
My room was on the 3rd floor. Very clean. Very quiet. The hallway leading to my room was fairly busy with guests coming/going but once in my room I really didn't notice the other guests.
My room was #312 which overlooks the pool.
Parking here is not bad. With the hotel permission I park next door at the garden shop.
A quality place all around.

"Well done HoJo. I will be back as i always do."

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Thank you for your review. We love hearing all this positive feedback from our guests:) Next time you are in please introduce yourself... it would be great to put a face to your name, and we would also like to give you a Thank You gift for sharing ALL your happy experiences with us to the TripAdvisor community. Thank you again. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you soon. 'Happiness, It's What We Do' :)