Lock in the lowest price from these sites
ZenHotels.com
Hotels.com
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 25, 2020

The owner was extremely rude right from the start when we checked in. The rooms are in pretty bad shape and smelled. We stayed with a group and rented 3 rooms, none of us had hot water, the drain in the shower was clogged and didn’t look like it had been cleaned as it had mold around the tub. When I addressed the issue with the owner his only response was sorry you aren’t satisfied with your stay and walked back into his house. No resolution was offered. Save your money and don’t let these folks ruin your vacation. A lot of nicer places in the area for the same money.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jvance2004
Reviewed September 23, 2019

Because there were a lot of people attending the Apple & BBQ Festival in Silver Lake, MI & not many rooms available, we were able to get a room @ The Gateway in Hart, MI. Very disappointed in accommodations. Carpet so dirty it stained my socks. Water from bathroom sink & shower smelled bad. Could not drink. Shower floor was so slippery we had to lay a towel down on shower floor. Next time we will make reservations somewhere else earlier.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank TCjoel
Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

We have stayed at this motel twice: summer 2017 and summer 2018. Every year we visit the Silver Lake Sand Dunes, but staying in Silver Lake can be quite expensive. We have chosen this motel and will keep staying here. Both times we stayed in a two-bed room. The room is clean and has a wall unit A/C. The room is also a decent size. Both times we’ve stayed it’s been under the ownership of a lovely couple, but it is now under new ownership (I heard the new owner was someone from town). As far as motels go, this place is great. Plenty of parking for our truck and sand vehicles. There’s a grassy area with grills for use also.
From the motel it’s about a 15 minute ride to the dunes park. We also like staying in Hart because we love Hart Pizza and the Pink Elephant Diner.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2016

The owners are very nice and always great you whenever they see you. At check in I was given a map of the area, asked if I was going anywhere specific as they could help me get there.
My room was very nice, clean and felt like home. My only draw back was the water, it has sulfur in it, I just went out and bought water to drink.

I will return and highly recommend it.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Cking09
Reviewed August 17, 2016

On arriving at the Gateway Motel we were greeted by Jim, one of the owners. The room was roomy and comfortable. Everything was very clean and we had a great overnight stay. Would recommend this little gem!

Date of stay: August 2016