“Totally Remodeled ”
Review of KFC

Ranked #164 of 242 Restaurants in Holland
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

They did a great remodel job. Everything is new. On this trip I had great service and it was fast. If it's really busy it takes a lot longer, but they were right on top of it today. They do have a drive through as well. Great location right on the way to the beach. A little tricky getting in and out with the traffic. Exit onto Beeline on the side and use the light.

Reviewed 24 December 2015

On Wednesday, Dec 23, 2015, I visited the KFC at 131 E. Lakewood Blvd., Holland, Michigan 49424 and purchased a 16 piece bucket meal. Since the drive through lane was quite busy, I ventured inside and talked to a nice lady behind the counter to order the chicken, with a special emphasis on legs, since that was the grand kids piece of choice. I paid $ 39.74 at 5:50 pm (ticket # 4908) and proceeded home in the rain and wind.
When I unloaded the bucket before the hungry grand kids, I was astonished to find only 7 pieces of chicken and absolutely no legs!
My wife calmed the children down by cutting up two of the thighs to hold them over until I returned with legs. I immediately jumped back in the car, with my receipt, and drove the 2 miles back to KFC. At the drive through, the manager asked if I brought the bucket back. I said no, the family was starting dinner with what they had, holding the kids off until I returned with the legs. The manager said no bucket, no additional chicken. I explained I had the receipt and was just there a few minutes before. He did not care and basically called me a liar.
I have not been called a liar before at a restaurant!
I reluctantly and in shock returned home empty handed. When my son-in-law (a local attorney) arrived, he called KFC and explained the situation. He also was basically called a liar by "Jeff".
This is the third time in 1 1/2 years we have been shorted at this KFC -- it was the last time we will visit.

Reviewed 21 October 2015

We enjoy KFC but lately each of the chain restaurants have been putting way, way too much pepper in all of the foods. They've strayed from the original "secret" recipies.

Reviewed 13 September 2015 via mobile

Went inside to grab a to go dinner. One person in front of us and still we waited over 5 minutes to place our order. Asked for an all white meat bucket only to receive 3 dark meat pieces...even after confirming it would be all white meat. Chicken and sides were all good. Kind of pricy for what you get though.

Reviewed 12 August 2015

I ordered the chicken pot pie during a recent visit, and despite its nice appearance the item was far from satisfactory. Among the contents were three different chicken bones, one of them about 2 inches long with the diameter of a pencil.

I took the bones to the counter and asked to see the manager who proved to be a young lady who offered little other than to inform me that she "would tell the person who makes those items to be more careful".

Being not particularly anxious to choke on a chicken bone at some point in the future, I shall not be taking a chance on the same product, (at least at this location), at any future date. I'd taking that precaution just in case that the "person who makes those items" fails to get the message that such carelessness represents a danger so far as customers are concerned.

In the matter handling of the matter, the manager in charge could also use some improved tact in terms of registering concern and conveying an apology for the contents of the disappointing item that I ordered on the occasion involved. I have seldom encountered lower levels of alarm displayed by a person who is in charge and dealing with a customer complaint about the products being served