All reviewsdouble treecookiesfront deskpool areabreakfast buffethot tubping pong tablenice hotelhockey tournamentnice poolconference centerdowntown hollandwould stay here againupon checkking bedtulip festivallake michigan
Reviewed August 8, 2017

Although this is an older hotel, it is maintained well, and we loved it! The staff were all friendly (pool maintenance man, house keepers, breakfast staff, room service delivery, & front desk.) We had a room with direct access to the indoor pool, and it was so convenient for our morning swim. They also have a large indoor whirlpool as well. There's a ping pong table in the pool patio area. Breakfast was the best I'd had all year at any Hilton brand hotel, and my husband and I travel a lot for his job, (he's a Diamond Member.) The room service was quick and tasted good. Our beds were so comfortable, and we slept well each night! It felt like our room was secluded and we didn't hear a lot of noise. The air conditioner worked well in our room (124.) It's convenient to Holland, Saugatuck, & Lake Michigan. There are plenty of fast food and restaurants nearby. We'd definitely choose this as our hotel if in the area again!

Room Tip: 124 or Direct Access Pool Rooms on the first floor are the way to go if you use the pool, whirlpool, or gym.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2017

Off to a rocky start - room was not what I reserved- 2 beds and a sofa bed. One teenager had to sleep on the floor for 2 nights. Even though this had a conference center with upholstered chairs & removable cushions, there wasn't anything other than a few blankets for our son to sleep on. Staff was apologetic and adjusted the room rate accordingly. Pool was awesome - clean, liberal hours- very early to very late-delightful water temperature (and saltwater vs. chlorinated)

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2017

I was very disappointed at pur stay in Double Tree. There was a pervasive smell in the hallway and in our room. We accidentally left some garment hanging in the closet and we called when we discovered it. The desk said they would hold them until our friend could get them the NEXT day. When our friend arrived nobody knew anything about it and said there was nothing in the lost and found. This was within 12 hours of our call to the desk who assured us they would hold them for pick up!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2017

For a family vacation it was excellent. The breakfast was included with our package and was excellent and significant. Two kinds of meat, good variety day to day. Delightful service. The pool was large and enclosed with a large pool area. It was sufficiently long for doing lap swimming in the morning. We would stay again if visiting Holland area.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Marvin M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Holland, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide us valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at the Doubletree Holland. We are happy you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you back with a warm cookie in the near future!

Reviewed July 25, 2017

Staff was OK at best. At check in, there was no line and we still had to wait as the 2 people at the desk conversed. I asked if breakfast was included and they said it was, but it fact, it was not as I found out the next day at breakfast. We only ate there that one day. Self serve bacon was very greasy, eggs had dried out on top. It wasn't busy that day (Friday AM) so it may be better if thre more people. Rooms are SMALL (smallest of any Hilton that I can remember). I suppose it is fine if you are at a conference or just need a place to drop your bag and to sleep at night. Facility is worn and outdated, but room was clean. Beds were fine. I did overhear that 2 other guests had water in there room (rug was wet) so they were being moved. We did not have this problem. Air conditioning was loud when it came on and did wake my daughter a couple of times, but she is a light sleeper. I should add that I paid with Hilton points - very glad I did not 'pay' for room.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Marvin M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Holland, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2017

Dear Ann,

Thank you kindly for your review. I sincerely apologize for all the issues you had during your stay. Our goal is to provide a wonderful experience with top notch customer service and it sounds like we missed the mark. I will be sure to discuss your concerns with our department heads to evaluate where we should improve! We indeed had 2 rooms with a small carpet area that collected excess condensation from the A/C units due of the humid weather. This issue was successfully fixed by our maintenance team.

I appreciate your feedback and welcome you to contact me at 616 394 0111 if you would like to discuss your stay in detail.

We hope that you will give us another chance in the near future!