All reviews double tree cookies front desk pool area breakfast buffet hot tub ping pong table nice hotel hockey tournament nice pool conference center downtown holland would stay here again upon check king bed tulip festival lake michigan
Reviewed September 4, 2017 via mobile

The building hasn't been updated in decades. Peeling wallpaper in room, including water stains and cracking. Was told check in at 4pm, wasn't ready until 430 because they were still cleaning it. It didn't smell out seem cleaned. Since it wasn't ready, they offered a SMALLER room, which we didn't take, because we didn't want an open balcony to the indoor pool, and needed the couch for our 3rd child to sleep. Cracked tiles on the extremely small bathroom. Noticed room service trays of empty plates and cups sitting in hallway all day. MAJOR ISSUE WITH HOT TUB. Smelled musty, or rancid. Sat in it briefly, was going to report it to maintenance, but saw them already walking around like they knew it was an issue. Never shut it down. I've just laundered our suits 3x in hot water, and the smell of feces or whatever was in the disgusting water doesn't come out. Desk didn't seem to care when checking out. Didnt get

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Laura M
Marvin M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Holland, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2017

Thank you kindly for you review. I am very sorry to hear that we did not live up to your expectations. I can assure you that we are continuously improving and renovating our hotel property each day to make it comfortable, clean, and welcoming. The hot tub was tested by our certified pool technician and no chemical imbalances or issues were found. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future and allowing us the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel. Thank you again for your time and feedback and I welcome you to contact me at 616 394 0111 to discuss your stay with us in detail.

Reviewed September 4, 2017

This hotel was old, rooms smelled and they messed up my bill. Disappointing experience. I would not stay here again, even on points. I would be more likely to stay at competitor downtown and I am a loyal Hilton customer

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to provide us valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at the Doubletree Holland. Your comments are used each day to better our hotel operations. We are truly sorry we fell short in meeting your expectations and providing you a 5/5 stay. We are continuously improving and renovating our hotel property each day to make it comfortable, clean, and welcoming. We hope to welcome you back to the Doubletree in the near future with a warm cookie and hope you will give us another try to prove what a great hotel we can be!

Reviewed August 29, 2017

Chose a room that connected to the pool. Bed was like sleeping on a cloud. Water pressure in the shower was perfect. So happy there was a blow dryer! Pleasantly satisfied. Holland is a great vacation spot.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

Reading the reviews of this hotel, I had some pause in booking it for a weekend getaway for our family. Last year we stayed at a Holiday Inn in Holland that was ok, but not great, so I decided to book the larger room here with a sofa bed for our stay. We arrived to a very well maintained, renovated hotel with great service & staff.

We had a great stay here, kids loved the pool, ordered pizza and ate in the atrium while the kids swam.

We had no issues with the quality of this hotel, very solid ......as I travel about 150 nights a year for business and see a lot of hotels of varying quality.

Don't be fooled by some of the poor reviews!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2017

Did not have reservation when first arrived, then the room was not ready but told they would call me when it was available. At 5:15, I returned to the front desk to find that they forgot to call me with no apology.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends