New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Awesome Place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Driftwood Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Houghton Lake
Driftwood Resort
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Houghton Lake
Huntertown, Indiana
“Awesome Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2010

Driftwood is a wonderful place to stay. Exceptionally clean cabins and grounds. Probably the nicest place I have stayed on Houghton Lake. We have been coming here for 8 years and Houghton Lake for over 20 years and this is the cleanest place. This is a family tradition; my wife has been coming to the lake for over 40 yrs. They have a great sandy beach, playground, horse shoes, fire pit, corn hole, basketball, volleyball, tetherball, sandbox, ....you get the picture; and they are off the main road quite a way so you can let the smaller kids run. You can walk out on the sandy beach for about 500 yards. The fishing is excellent too.

They have WI-FI and cable TV if you need it.
Excellent Place to stay - we'll be back!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank mintstill

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Waterford, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2010

It's a nice resort but the lady owner is rude, no people skills. She would yell at us for being too noisy in the middle of the afternoon. The lawn was cut at 9 am. While we were out playing horseshoes the lawn was being cut and it wasn't that high. They just have no clue how to relate to folks. Not once were we asked how things were. This ownership couple want the income the property generates but no the inconvenience of actually having guests.

We found out on the last day that they had games (bean bag toss and ladder ball). That's an example of how badly they think of their guests - can't even explain a basic "this is what we have available, ....."

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
4 Thank ProudUSMCVet
Driftwoodresort, Owner at Driftwood Resort, responded to this review, 8 September 2010
I would like to respond to the Rude owners review. I was never rude to you. I never yelled at you either. I did ask you to talk lower when it was 1:30AM and you were at the campfire being very loud. The music you were talking about was outside, and you expected the whole resort to listen to it full blast while you were at the other side of the resort playing horseshoes. You should of had a portable radio, not one you had to plug in and then place outside your cabin. The people at the resort were tired of your music, that was why I asked you to turn it off. You stated we are rude owners. My husband is deaf and can't even talk, so I don't think he was rude to you either.
I didn't think we were doing anything bad by cutting our grass so the resort looks nice. We didn't cut it to make you upset. You asked us not to cut the grass and we did stop. It wasn't 9AM either, it was in the afternoon. You remember, it was the same time you were playing horseshoes and your radio. You have to understand that you were not the only people here. All the people who were here, except you and your friends, booked for next year. Two of them only booked if you guys weren't going to come back. I have been in business for 19 years and if you check with the Houghton Chamber I never had a complaint about my place. I have one of the finest and cleanest resorts on the lake. You also stated the sleep quality was not good. I don't get that, since my beds were all new two years ago, and I bought very goods beds too. I understand you can't make everyone happy. I was very nice to you and your friends. The games you were talking about were out front for anyone to use. I don't get what your problem was about that, it's not like they were hidden from view at all. I was hurt to see what you wrote about us. We only tried to be fair to the whole resort. If that meant you were not happy then I guess that could not be helped.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houghton Lake
39.3 km away
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 3 in West Branch

Been to Driftwood Resort? Share your experiences!