See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 12, 2014

The price was very inexpensive becaus it looks like no effort is put into the place. We stayed in July of 2014 and found the room very lacking. Cobwebs on the ceiling. Airconditioner filthy. Window sills dirty. Towels so thin you could see through them. Difficult to find. While they came in daily to change towels, they never provided more than the initial 2 bars of soap. We actually ran out of toilet paper the day we left.

It's right off the freeway and a major road, noise level was above average.

It could be a great gem with some loving care - but when we stayed it was pretty awful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ardvark2001
Reviewed August 28, 2011

I read the 2 previous reviews and immediately called the motel to find out if they were true. I found out that the lady who wrote the review had a problem with the manager and not the Motel. My family and I arrived at Johnson Motel and found it to be cozy, extremely clean. Our room had a refrigerator and microwave in it which was a extra bonus because I didn't know about that in advance. The Manager was extremely polite and nice. I would recommend this Motel to everyone. It was also a reasonable price

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank barbins
Reviewed September 6, 2010

I totally agree with the last review, however we stuck it out for the weekend. The beds were like sleeping on rocks, the room had a nasty stench to them, the bedding and towels were stained with god only knows what, free coffe was a joke (we drove into Indian River and got coffee every morning), office always locked, manager (or whoever she felt she was depending on who we talked to) VERY RUDE. DO NOT STAY HERE. We only stuck it out because we prepaid for the room and were limited on funds for the weekend.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank cgray987
Reviewed July 5, 2010

The check in person was rude. We checked in a left for a family memorial service not getting back to the room until late. The room was filthy and smelled bad. The bathroom made me sick to enter. The toilet seat did not fit the toilet and fell off when you sat. The inside of the toilet was full of nasty. The power in HALF the room went out in the middle of the night. We could not wake the office for help or cleaning supplies. We paid for two nights but I could not go back the second night it was so BAD!!!! We drove home ruining the weekend for us.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family