“In serious need of updating and repairing”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Iron Mountain
Pine Mountain Resort
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Iron Mountain
Reviewed 17 July 2017

Bathroom so small the door didnt open all the way, disgusting bathtub fixtures, old and musty. Definitely not worth the money.Others in our party had rooms that the carpet was cut and the subfloor painted to try and match the carpet, toilet didn't flush right and the stopper to the tub didnt work. Property in serious need of updating and repair.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

After a snowy drive from the Porkies, pulling up to the Pine Mountain Resort at night with the snow falling awaited a warm and beautiful welcome. The resort looked so beautiful glowing through the falling snow. After getting checked in, I made my way to my room in a great location in the resort. Once I got all my gear to the room and settled in, i then saw the bathroom. Not the best bathroom I've had in a motel/resort! Other rooms had updated bathrooms which cost a bit more than the room I got. Really I didn't care the bathroom had seen better days, it worked. So if your like really nice things and rooms to stay in, make sure to pay a little more for an updated room. Soon I made my way down to the restaurant for pizza and was I surprised to see how cool it was! A huge sports bar/restaurant with lots of ski sports stuff and others sports all over the walls. Really cool! Then went to the pool area which was really great too. Clean, large area with a big hot tub, sauna, and nice size pool. The pool room is next to the restaurant so you can order some food and drinks from the bar or coffee in the morning while soaking in the hot tub or sitting in he sauna. The ski hill is just outside the doors a long with the huge ski jump. All the staff here were great and very nice and friendly. I will definitely return again and even get the same room!!! The skiing the next day was also great and very lovely!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Shannon N
Reviewed 15 January 2017

Positives
This is an old school Michigan motel with ski equipment rentals inside the hotel and chairlifts right outside. Free WiFi, indoor pool, hot tub, and sauna. Rooms, rentals, and lift tickets are cheap. Golf course is nice. The food is very good and reasonably priced. Great live music in the Sitzmark and good pizza. Local brewery beer was amazing as is the weekly all-you-can-eat pasta buffet. Everyone is friendly. This is the UP so runs are open here when places farther south are iffy. And it's not that much farther away from Chicago than the Dells.

Negatives
This is not a Hyatt. Think Motel 6...then go back in time 30 years. That's when 75% of the low def 19" TV's are from. The showers are perfect if you are under 5' tall. The bathroom doors can't open all the way because they hit the toilets. See the photos.

If you want a luxury hotel and expensive meals, go to the Dells or Lake Geneva. But if you are going for the skiing, this is a good option. See photos below.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a flat screen if you want to watch a game while you are there.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Craig L
Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

We didn't travel far today, as we wanted to golf. So to kill 2 birds so to speak we chose this place that doubles as a golf resort summer and ski resort in the winter. In the hotel they have no king beds, for 1 night I guess that's fine. The staff was great as we want to check in fast and get on the golf course as quickly as possible, it was 3:15 and wanted to get in 9 holes before it got dark. Chelle checked us in fast and gave us some information on the golf course. The room was ok and the TV was old (not a flat screen so no HD). That being said we enjoyed the pool and hottub. The restaurant on site was great. I think this resort would be a great year round visit.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2016

Placed at the base of the ski hill, Pine Mountain has the best view in town, especially atop the 500 step ski jump just 100 yards from the front door. The residence portion of the resort feels like a youth hostel, not a dump, as the Travel Trolls would have you believe. It's clean, efficient and sturdy, with not a lot spent on decorating. Decent beds, but bring your own pillow, if that is important to you. The hot tub is great, with a window for bar service.
A good restaurant on site cannot be understated, and Famers is worth visiting even if you decide to stay at different hotel. Food was delishous! The prime rib was excellent, and the menu has a wide variety of healthy selections. Gluten Free and vegetarians will have no trouble here.

The golf course is absolutly fantastic.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2016

First of all there are areas of this hotel that are nice, such as the pool, which looked very nice but we did not go in for lack of time, there eating area is very nice, food is good, my husband and i had a average dinner, the pasta we had was very watery, but the breakfast was very good, my husband had pancakes, and I had ham and toast. There are quite a few vending machines located on various floors which is nice. the rooms are very much in need up and update!!! Also the elevator needs updating my husband and i were wondering if it is even up to code???
I do have to say this we were in town for a wedding, and the reception hall that we were in was very nice, the food was great!! They had a fire pit outside which was nice!!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2016

While we only met friends for dinner (did not stay overnight) our meal was SUPERB. I split the entree of roasted spaghetti squash alfredo with added grilled chicken. WOW. It's all i could think about the rest of my trip. My dinner mates were not so lucky with their entrees of salmon and various other seafood dishes. Mine was perfect!

Friendly and attentive waitstaff.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple