Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$79
Expedia.comUS$79
Hotels.comUS$79
eDreamsUS$79
TravelocityUS$79
Agoda.comUS$79
All reviews the owner local restaurants great value beds were comfortable stay there again coffee maker easy access microwave and refrigerator pleasant stay upper peninsula several years a great place to stay friendly owners stayed one night friendly service ski trip porcupine mountains
Selected filters
Reviewed March 2, 2021

We were looking for a cheap clean place to stay as we were going skiing the next day. Great place. Our room was very clean and nice. No complaints. The owners were so accommodating and placed us next to our traveling party. Would stay there again.

Only issue...take down the political banner.

Date of stay: February 2021
Kevin Cox, General Manager at Budget Host Cloverland Motel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2021

Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate it! I don't say anything, politically, when people check-in. However, the banner is our way of supporting God, our country, and the police! Say.....how do you feel about Dr. Seuss books??? :)

Reviewed February 25, 2021

I stayed at the Budget Host for three nights during a ski trip to Ironwood. The check-in process was easy-- in and out quickly. I was asked how often I wanted the room cleaned and the sheets/towels changed. My room was spacious and very clean. At 9 pm I had a slight problem with one of the vertical blinds, and the owner came up right away and replaced it--with a smile! The location was convenient to downtown, restaurants, and only 10 min. from the ski hills. The owners even had coupons for several local restaurants and gave us good advice on where to get some great meals. The price was right for my budget. I will stay there again on future ski trips.

Date of stay: February 2021
Kevin Cox, General Manager at Budget Host Cloverland Motel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2021

Thank you for staying with us, and for your kind words of encouragement! Sorry about the 1 slat in the vertical blind coming down. We look forward to your return stay. thanks again!

Reviewed February 24, 2021

Clean, comfortable rooms. Very friendly and accommodating staff. This is my go-to hotel if planning a trip or a spur-of-the-moment trip. Close and convenient to the ski hills and other attractions. Easy access to all amenities. I'll be back for sure.

Date of stay: February 2021

We appreciate the opportunity to host your stay in ironwood! Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed January 22, 2021

The owner displayed large very political banner on the motel and made a politically divisive comment. It was disappointing that such strong politics had to be part of a hotel stay. Those with different political views my feel very unwelcome here. Apart from that, the motel is average. The room had a funny smell, but it was not overpowering.

Date of stay: January 2021
Kevin Cox, General Manager at Budget Host Cloverland Motel, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2021

I respectfully disagree with you. I try to avoid political discussions unless they are brought up first. Everyone is welcome here, regardless of their political affiliation. We do have a political "banner" hanging from our balcony, but, if you can put out a "yard sign" that indicates your political persuasion, can't I put one on my balcony? I'm sorry if, somehow, you felt offended.

You're letting your "irritation" influence the quality and value of our rooms. I know what kind of rooms every other motel in this area has, and we are FAR above average! I have hundreds of testimonials to prove it. Thanks for staying with us! Again, I'm sorry if you were, somehow, offended.

Reviewed January 18, 2021

A group of us have been going to Ironwood cross country skiing and snowshoeing for several years. We've always stayed at the Budget Host and keep happily coming back. It has what we need. Central to everything, large, clean rooms, easy access, no maintenance issues with the rooms, a friendly and accommodating owner. No pool, no pets, no hot tub, no noisy parties, no stress. Just what we head north each winter for.

Room tip: I like the ground floor rooms for ease of getting luggage, coolers, etc in and out. No common inside hallways in this Covid world.
Date of stay: January 2021

Thank you for your encouragement, and for staying at our motel! You're always welcome here!