Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Quality
Hotels.com
All reviews front desk waffles brown stains no reservation first floor room was clean king room after a long day place to stay great breakfast staff was very friendly decent hotel stayed nights in town continental breakfast michigan danish
Selected filters
Reviewed September 20, 2020

Check in took about 30 minutes, two people ahead of me. Couldn’t find my reservation, found it after I provided my reservation number, then said we already checked in. She finally realized I hadn’t by talking to her boss. Then had given my room away to someone who realized after they entered they wanted a king room instead of two queens and used the hand towel which the clerk assured me had been replaced and nothing else was touched. The minute we opened the door the room smelled, or should I have stunk of past pets. Pro they gave us a great breakfast every day, hot or cold with tons of item choices. Walls are also paper thin and can hear next room.

Room tip: Stay away from entry door even though very convenient.
Date of stay: September 2020
Sue Quality Inn, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2020

I so apologize for all the confusion. I will be looking into what happened. Again I do apologize.

Val

Reviewed August 11, 2020

We were just traveling through town and stayed one night. Our check-in was smooth and friendly. The room itself was very small and the bed was not that comfortable. I'm not sure how we got in a 1 queen room when we requested a 1 king room, but it was fine and we didn't want to make a fuss as we were tired after a long day in the Porcupines. I wish there had been a night stand on either side of the bed, however. At any rate, it was a decent hotel on the main road, and there were plenty of clean towels int the bathroom.

Date of stay: August 2020
2  Thank Nancy G
Sue Quality Inn, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2020

I apologize that you didn't get the room you thought you were getting. If people want a quite room yes going up stairs is the best. Thank you for staying withus

Reviewed July 28, 2020

The State of Michigan requires the wearing of masks during this pandemic. The staff here obviously doesn't agree, because they wear their masks with their noses and/or mouth uncovered, which is like not wearing one at all. I did not feel safe having their complimentary breakfast there because the person doing the food prep wore her mask below her nose. Some of the maid staff wore their masks under their chins.

Besides that, if you are on the first floor, you can hear every step of the people in the room above. And the pillows were not comfortable. So, it was a disappointing stay.

Room tip: Try to get an upstairs room. Downstairs rooms can hear all the walking going on upstairs.
Date of stay: July 2020
Sue Quality Inn, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2020

I apologize for your disappointing stay at this hotel. Wearing a mask is a fairly new mandate in Michigan, and it is difficult for some people to work active jobs and be able to breath effectively. My main concern is for the safety of the guests as well as the safety of my staff. Sometimes it is much easier to maintain the recommended 6 feet social distancing for the housekeepers while they are working. My staff, as everyone in the United States, is adjusting to the new standards. In the UP, we have felt a false sense of security because of the extremely low numbers of Covid-19 cases. As more people like yourself travel to our area, the number of cases has increased significantly. We are doing the best we can in these trying times, and are adjusting to wearing masks while working.

Reviewed June 24, 2020

Overall experience was positive. But room walls and ceilings are very thin and all movement above us was intrusive. Even simple walking sounded like an elephant herd. I would recommend staying on the top floor.

Room tip: choose top floor
Date of stay: June 2020

Thank you for staying with us. Yes our building is 30 years old and there is not sound barrier between floors, I'm sorry about that.

Reviewed February 10, 2020

My girlfriend & I have enjoyed staying at Choice Hotel group hotels for a good hotel at an affordable price, great customer service and we get a discount from an association we belong to for nearly all our vacations over the last 10 years. Upon arriving, the staff was very friendly, asking why were people from IL way up here in the UP. I said we were tired, having just finished a 6 hr drive and were in town for a friend's funeral but wanted our room so we could change & go out for fish fry dinner. The staff made their recommendations and expressed their condolences. The staff was having issues with the new system but offered us an even more discounted rate ($85) for bereavement. We expressed our gratitude on both counts and went off to our room.

The room was clean. Furniture was old and dated, walls & ceiling are very thin as we heard everything in the halls & room above. The wall heating/AC unit went on & off every few minutes. We're not sure the unit was working properly either since we set the temp to low 60's and the temp never got near that cool in the room. We made do since it was one night reservation. The best part of the room was the shower & the water pressure. I've NEVER had so much water pressure from a shower and I loved it!

After getting out of the shower, I noticed our bill was under the door. We were not given the bereavement rate we had been promised but rather the original discounted rate. I went down to correct the issue. I was told that hotel management had over-ruled the $34 cheaper bereavement rate we'd been promised since we didn't book our reservation in person or over the phone and because we were at an already slightly discounted rate, roughly $15. Apparently, both the manner in which the reservation was made & the $34 means FAR more to the manager than upholding the promises of their employees, the loyal Choice Hotel's customers' emotions during their stay, the 6 hour drive, etc. Frustrated at the lack of emotion, logic, etc from the manager, we had enough time to try the continental breakfast. Yet another decision we regret. The danish tasted old and borderline stale and the eggs were cold.

Overall, while the staff we talked to were very nice, we won't be staying here again. There were tons of clearly cheaper overnight stays at highly rated places in the area that probably don't care how we make our reservation nor would they back out of a promised rate. We chose to stay here based on past experience. We greatly regret that decision. Choice Hotels may have lost a loyal customer over this. backing out of a $34 lower rate we were promised and the manner in which we made our reservation. Money trumps grieving customers who drive 6 hrs to stay there.

Date of stay: February 2020
Stay32699743188, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2020

I apologize for any confusion at check in about your reservation. With your discount through choice is a discount made between farm bureau and choice. We are sorry for your loss.