“Beautiful house, Wonderful hosts” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kalamazoo House Bed and Breakfast

Kalamazoo House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 6 Kalamazoo B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“Beautiful house, Wonderful hosts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

Laurel and Terry always make me feel welcome and well cared for in this lovely Victorian home within easy walking distance of downtown Kalamazoo. Situated next door to the art museum and across the street from the main city park, the Kalamazoo House is a treasure for business and pleasure travelers alike. Delicious breakfasts, wine and cheese social hour and bedtime cookies are cozy touches for guests who appreciate experienced innkeepers and great conversationalists.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank 20Diane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
East Jordan, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

I cannot say enough wonderful things about our stay at The Kalamazoo House. I find most travel and even vacationing to be somewhat stressful in and of itself, but while enjoying our breakfast in the parlor this morning I was amazed at how calm and relaxed I felt. We have recently started taking an interest in B&B's, but The Kalamazoo House has, without a doubt, captured our hearts. While sitting down to an incredible breakfast this morning, we were already planning our next trip. We live just over an hour and a half away, but felt like we had been whisked away to some foreign land. We could've spent our entire vacation in and around The Kalamazoo House. The architecture and decor are as fascinating as the history of the building itself. Surely you could go to any old hotel in the area and spend the same amount of money for a sterile, cold, corporate environment where all the rooms look the same and the service is mediocre, or you could stay at The Kalamazoo House. The innkeepers, Terry and Laurel, have gone above and beyond anything we ever expected. They have thought through every detail to make one's stay at The Kalamazoo House unforgettable. We enjoyed our time getting to know not only the house, but Terry and Laurel as well. And we can't wait to return and see their smiling faces again! The rooms are all decorated beautifully and just wait until you get between those sheets! They are the softest sheets ever and allowed for the most pleasant and restful nights sleep this insomniac can recall! They have utilized the space well and have provided any amenity one could ask for. Each night after returning from our walk around downtown Kalamazoo (Yes, everything is within walking distance!) and visiting with family friends, we were able to treat ourselves to delicious chocolate chip cookies and milk, hot tea or cocoa! When we returned home tonight, my boyfriend and I were disappointed to discover that we didn't have any fresh baked cookies in the house! Each morning we were treated to deliciously rich coffee and our choice of a number of different breakfast options. We are vegetarian and had no difficulty finding something to satisfy our hunger! We highly recommend the Banana Nut French Toast and the Asparagus Omelet! Yum! Needless to say, we plan to return very soon...If you are going to be in the Kalamazoo area for any reason, staying at The Kalamazoo House is a must! Heck, we recommend coming to town simply for the chance to stay at this B&B! You will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Room #6 was so incredibly comfortable. We had one of the best night's sleep we've ever had...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jessica T
Litchfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

We enjoyed a wonderful stay at Kamazoo House back in January. The hospitality was wonderful, attention to detail was perfect, and the cookies and breakfast...delicious! Can't wait until we stay again!

Room Tip: We had Room #4...the two person tub was amazing!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Jonesville, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

Came to Kalamazoo for a busines meeting and was able to mix business with pleasure. The room was spacious with exceptionally nice sheets, a big flat screen TV, and free wi-fi. Breakfast was out of the ordinary and delicious. Innkeepers were friendly. Meeting space was roomy and secluded. The inn is located next door to an art museum and a block from a city park with restaurants nearby. I will choose this property again when I return for business or pleasure.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank MiMisterMike
Tucson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

My husband surprised me with a stay at the delightful B&B this month while he was in town interviewing for a job. The service and entire experience was top-notch! This experience was, by far, one of our best. Laurel and Terry were so welcoming and accommodating- esp. with my picky breakfast choices! Thanks to Laurel and Terry for a wonderful, restful, quiet stay!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Shannon M
Flint, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

I had been to Kalamazoo house once before on business (which was awesome), but that time I was too busy to really enjoy what the Kalamazoo House has to offer. I wanted to come back though, so I came with my partner a few months later for a relaxing overnight stay in Kalamazoo.

Laurel and Terry are excellent hosts. You can tell they love what they do. They seem to enjoy showing guests around KH and finding ways to make guests extra happy. They're also knowledgeable of the area, which was especially helpful when we were looking for a restaurant on a late Sunday night.

If I could offer one tip to guests, it would be to not miss breakfast. I know, I know... that's the second B in B&B. Why would you skip breakfast? But my first time through I was so busy I never managed to make it. Now that I've been (and enjoyed delicious eggs Benedict), I am really kicking myself for not dragging myself out of bed earlier the first time I was here.

Room Tip: My favorite room is number 7, but they all look nice.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BofMouais
Middleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

My boyfriend surprised me with a stay here while we were visiting his family over Thanksgiving. I have to admit, when he first told me we were staying at a B&B, I was nervous. I had a certain image of B&B's and wasn't looking forward to staying out in the middle of nowhere with strangers. We pulled up to the Kalamazoo House B&B and I was extremely impressed. It's definitely not in the middle of nowhere but it's still quiet and relaxing. The owners greeted us, took our bags, and gave us a tour. The entire house is absolutley gorgeous and extremely cozy. Every detail in the house was paid attention to and the owners are extremely friendly and accomodating. There was hot cocoa, milk, and cookies before bed and an amazing breakfast waiting for us in the morning. I highly recommend staying in the Kalamazoo House B&B; it's a great change from the typical hotel room while still providing the amenities you look forward to in a night away from home.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple