Comfort Inn(Kalamazoo)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$224
  • Pool
US$159
All reviewsroom was cleanfront deskbusy weekendparking lotgreat amenitieswingscomplimentary breakfaststayed one nightstaff was very friendly and helpfulgreat roomhiepillowscorkhighwaykeurigkarami
Reviewed December 28, 2017 via mobile

We have stayed here quite a few times. The location is convenient to get places in the Kalamazoo area. The staff is always really nice and helpful. However, the place is showing its age. Our shower was barely operational. The woodwork was worn.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Jan T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2017

We appreciate your comments and we have went into that room and made changes to the shower. We are also working on other elements to upgrade the hotel. I hope we see you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 6, 2017 via mobile

My brother had emergency surgery in Kalamazoo Mi, after he was stable it was 11:00 pm, I called several hotels but no vacancies! Called Holiday Inn they were able to accommodate me! Front desk gal was great, room very clean and breakfast was good! Would definitely return!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Jan T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2017

I am sorry that you were here because of an emergency, but delighted that you stayed with us. I hope you can join us again and enjoy the area.

Reviewed November 25, 2017

We were impressed by the very large rooms - well equipped, but they showed their age a little., and by the exceptionally efficient and friendly reception when we checked in. Free wi-fi that worked very well and a very satisfactory breakfast were added pluses.

We stay overnight in Kalamazoo every Thanksgiving. This was the first time at this hotel and we will certainly be back. Excellent value in all respects.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to I94 might be noisier, but we had no problem.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Jan T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2017

We are delighted that you stayed with us while visiting in Kalamazoo MI. We look forward to seeing you next year and anytime in-between. Have a great Holiday Season and thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed October 28, 2017

I arrived late to the hotel the first night due to flight delay (approx.12 Midnight)). After entering the room it had a musty smell to it. In the morning, taking a shower the water was tepid at best. When I looked at the shower head it had black on most of it (did not know if it was mold or what). Then I looked inside the little refrigerator and the door seal had come off and there was water standing in the fridge, so that is where the musty smell was coming from. I contacted the front desk and the manager upgraded my room for the next two nights. The only other issues I had was that the wireless internet was sporadic and the heater and air conditioning unit was so close to the 2nd queen size bed that it made it too hot for the person sleeping in it.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Jan T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2017

My apologies for the problem that you encountered with your first room and letting us know, we did get the problem immediately fixed. I hope you enjoyed the suite, short of your shower head. I truly hope you stay with us again to see what an absolutely great hotel we are.

Reviewed September 20, 2017

The staff at the front desk was professional and friendly - she was very welcoming and helpful. However, room was another story. The overall look was good, but the bathroom - UGH! Floors were dirty was black gunk in the corners. The shower/tub - EEEWWWWW! The bottom of the tub was caked with pink mold, the shower head was crusted, rusty and covered with pink mold and the corners were moldy as well. We also ran out of supplies - one tissue in the box with no extra. The cleaning person came to clean and left of with one bath towel for the two of us. Will not return.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2017

Hi elaw2017,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and for choosing us for your lodging needs. I'm sorry to hear about what transpired during your stay. The inconvenience caused by your room's overall upkeep and housekeeping service are certainly not what we expected. Your feedback is valuable and shared with the team to help monitor and improve the services we offer.

On a lighter note, I'm pleased to know that our friendly Front Desk left a positive impression.

Thanks again for sharing your experience. Do know I've also reached out to you privately to get more information.

Regards,