All reviewsdenny's restaurantburger kingroom was cleanwithin walking distanceneeded a place to staywould definitely stay here againpillows
Reviewed January 6, 2017

I don't know what has happened but this facility is no longer the cleanliness level I desire. I will not longer be staying here for the Spring Fall dog shows. Sacrificing convenient location. Craig and Naomi still pleasant but housekeeping has gone downhill.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Naomi L, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East - Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2017

Dear Janet,

We want to thank you for leaving an honest review about your most recent and past stays at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East.

I understand the feelings that you have as I myself helped you with your most recent room, and it was honestly in every aspect very discouraging for me to see the issues that were had with the room as they were not our standard and disappointing to see. Craig and myself (Naomi) both spoke with management in regards to the issues that you as not only a guest, but a repeat loyal Red Roof customer experienced during your stay. We have had deep cleaners come in that specifically handle cleaning the rooms thoroughly from top to bottom and assessing things in the room that need to be fixed or replaced. We are trying really hard and giving our absolute best to the deep cleaning of the property as a whole not just the rooms to bring it back up to Red Roof Standard, and we do hope that you may give us one more chance to show you a comfortable and enjoyable stay.

If you still choose to lodge with a different brand we will understand, I will say that Craig and I both will miss you Janet and we will miss your beautiful Akita's, for me I will especially miss Thor. We also want to thank you for the loyalty you have given to us in the past and wish you the best for the future.

Reviewed December 18, 2016

Booked last minute for a one night stopover on a long road trip. We didn't need frills and were happy not to pay for all manner of stuff we didn't need. We wanted free parking and free wifi, and that we got. Clean room, friendly, helpful staff and lovely pillows. The receptionist gave us loads of good advice on places to eat, and the constant free coffee in reception was a winner for me and I will book with Red Roof again further on the trip because of my stay here.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Naomi L, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East - Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2017

Dear Rockykins,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your most recent stay at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East.

We are so pleased to read your feedback and see that your stay was comfortable and enjoyable and that our staff was very pleasurable during your stay.

Thank you for the great feedback and rating. We do hope if your travels bring you to the Kalamazoo area in the future we may meet again.

Reviewed December 5, 2016

I stayed 2 nights in a Superior King room. I experienced an issue with the shower and Craig, the manager, sent up someone immediately to remedy the situation.
The room provided everything I needed, including a microwave and refrigerator. The bed was comfortable and cleanliness was adequate. It was very value friendly.
I discovered, after arriving back home, that I left a highly valued Bible, with years of note taking, in my room. Craig went to considerable lengths to ship my Bible to me AND made several calls to update me on the mailing and delivery progress!
I often come to Kalamazoo to visit family and will definitely stay at this Red Roof Inn in the future!
Awesome Customer Service Craig! Thank you!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Naomi L, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East - Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2016

Dear sherischmitt,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your most recent stay with us at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East.

We are very pleased to read that your stay was not only comfortable and enjoyable but that our Guest Service Representative Craig went above and beyond to assist you during your stay and have passed on the wonderful thank you that you have left for him in your review as well as a job well done.

We look forward to your future visits with us and hope that everything in life is well until we meet again.

Reviewed November 4, 2016

i have found that the people who work at red roofs have been very helpful. also if you ask they will give you a second bottle of water as their promotion says only one. it helps for me as im on the road all day in the local area. so thanks red roof.

Room Tip: they put me in the back , since i was here for 14 days so it was great.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Naomi L, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East - Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2016

Dear Larrydaigle55,

We are very pleased to read that your stay was a very pleasant one and that us offering one more bottle of water when you check in helps you so greatly throughout your day.

We do hope we may meet again in the future if your travels bring you back to the Kalamazoo area.

Reviewed November 3, 2016

Checked in late. Front office staff was friendly. Bed cover(s) stained. 2 very small pillows on bed. Walls dirty, bathroom had blood or fecal matter on door. Toilet seat had cigarette burns. Toilet dirty. Two Small towels in bathroom.

Just when we thought it couldn't get any worse we pull back the sheets and there is hair and a large area with dried fluids and hair. Sheets had NOT been changed.

Disgusting.

Room Tip: pick a different hotel
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank wendydX8621UM

Dear Ms. D.,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your most recent stay with Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East.

We are sorry to hear that your stay was not one to remember as it is our goal for every guest to depart with nothing but good memories of their stay. I have spoken with our staff about the issues you experienced during you stay to insure these issues don't happen again in the future. I do want to let you know that at any point and time during your stay at Red Roof Inn you experience issues with your room there is someone happy and willing to help you with those issues at our front desk 24/7.

We do hope you may give us a chance in the future to change your opinion of us if your travels bring you back to the Kalamazoo area.