See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 16, 2018 via mobile

We made a very last minute reservation online for an unexpected stay. BE SURE if you are booking online to call if you are going to check in after 10PM, we arrived shortly after 10PM to find that our reservation had been cancelled, they do not run a night shift and had tried to call to see if we were going to be making our reservation and I had missed the call. I believe they have a drop box system for after hour check in. We were able to catch the receptionist and get in to a room. The rooms seemed to be clean. The TV remote didn't work and our devices did not charge over night (maybe due to a switch system?) Parking lot was somewhat littered. Overall, it was fine for the 8 hours we were there and the fact that we were in a pinch, obviously for the price it's not going to be a 5 star resort.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Kelli V
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2018

Kelli V,

Your review and rating of our hotel mean a lot to us, and we thank you for taking the time to
share this experience. I am very sorry to hear of the inconveniences that you experienced in this regard. We are continuously improving upon our services and accommodations while addressing our policies and procedures for minimizing and attending to these situations. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 14, 2016 via mobile

Weren't in our room for about five hours and my husband saw bed bugs walking across the floor. He killed it and put it in some toilet paper. We quickly packed up and went to the front desk to show them and ask them for a refund. I was expecting to see the Chinese gentleman who checked us in but it was an older indian man. We told him and showed him the bed bud and he told us we would only get half of our money back. ( I paid for two nights) I told him no and stood my ground. Got back our full refund. When I was signing the refund slip he kept telling me to fill it out saying I was checking out early! But no I didn't I put the real reason why. Due to bed bugs. We where in room 101. I don't recommend this hotel to anyone. Checking in the Chinese guy seemed mad to be dealing with people. And trying to get my refund, they told me they would have to investigate! Um No!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2017

Dear Breanne C,

Thank you so much for bringing this matter to our attention. I want to assure you that we respond promptly to pest alerts with expert extermination services and also treat to deter pests on a regular scheduled basis. Your observations are well noted and we will find a solution to this issue so we can offer you or any other guests a better experience in the future.

Reviewed October 11, 2016

The room was very dirty, bed was like a rock ( 1 mattress on top of wooden box) No coffee in the room, but plenty of it stained on the wall. Towel bars missing, burn holes in bedding, yet this is a smoke free motel.

Room Tip: Clarion across the way about $40 more a night but worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest, and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you describe. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and we regret you felt differently during your visit. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe in the expectations of amenities. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed October 8, 2016

Well, I was at this location 2 years ago and was HIGHLY impressed. I decided to come back to this location since I needed a weekend stay for WMU Homecoming. I checked in pretty late on Friday, of which I had already reserved a room. I get into the room to discover the tub was not cleansed, in a long period of time, the bathroom light was blown, and the room smelled of cigarette smoke. I call the front desk right away and he requested I stay until the morning and he would have help as soon as possible. Well morning comes and no response. OH... did I forget to mention the baby roaches? Anyhow, I call around 9:30 and the only response I could get was the manager wouldn't be in until 5 and there was no one available to take care of my situation. Someone comes an hour later with a plunger??? I told this nice, but non- uniformed person of the problem and showed her the tub, of which she cleaned rather well, but also stated she couldn't believe what she saw. I still had a dark bathroom and called back around 12:30, just to get a hang up by the desk person because he felt he couldn't do anything about my situation. I called Corporate office... his response was for me to wait until rooms were available after 3 or 4 or accept 50% off for the weekend and take care of it before I left. I go to the office at 3:00, the manager is finally present, but has the nerve to get angry at me for calling Corporate. Really???? What was I supposed to do wit the service I was receiving. He chose to not acknowledge Corporate and said I would have to wait for check out for a resolution. I did not want anyone in my room if I wasn't there and I told him that, due to my Chihuahua being there and my computer and other gadget accessories. Soooo, didn't he call to offer me a light bulb change at 4:30???? No, thanks because I was on campus and wanted to be present, which is why I left the room so late in the first place.
Sorry I was long winded, but I've never experienced this type of customer service before. MY lesson? Sometimes it's not worth going for the cheapest... you get cheap service, in turn. My first experience doesn't compare. I don't like staying at hotels that have long term residents.

Room Tip: Check the room out before accepting the room
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo

Dear Sheila M,

Thank you for sharing your experience, and I am so sorry to learn that we failed to meet your expectations of quality service and accommodations. I apologize if you did not feel that our housekeeping met your own standards of cleanliness, though our own standards are very high and include checking up to ensure that rooms are as clean as can be. Your feedback will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for you and other guests in the future.

Reviewed June 28, 2016

My wife and I reserved a room at this location, strictly due to price. What a mistake!!

The rooms are in poor condition - the "new" flooring is already cracking, with seam separation.

Our toilet back-up and overflowed - the mgr's response was to give me a broken plunger!!

I had to push for a new room, which they grudgingly gave us. However, the a.c. was broken. It would only run for 10-12 minutes at a time, and then power off. The only way it worked was to open and close the room door!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family

Dear Terry K,

We are sorry to hear that your stay & experience was unpleasant. We do our very best to ensure our rooms & equipment are thoroughly cleaned and maintained. Thank you for bringing this misstep to our attention, as it helps us to improve. We hope you will give us another chance should you return to the area.