“Bakery items looked good, but lunch was just so-so”

The Crew Family Restaurant and Bakery
Ranked #98 of 359 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Reviewed March 21, 2018

The fried fish in the fish sandwich that I had was huge - probably 10" long - way beyond the length of the bun, but unfortunately it was too "fried" - with so much batter and such thin fish that I could hardly taste the fish. My wife's BLT and fries were very good. It was a cool day in March and it felt like the temperature in the rest rooms was the same as outdoors - enough of a turnoff for me that it moved my rating down a notch.

Reviewed March 21, 2018

We have been coming here every year for the past 4 years. There is always a very large party of us the same weekend each year and they never seem to have enough staff to handle it for timely service. Even knowing this we come back for the excellent homestyle food and large portions. I would easily eat an entire oatmeal pie from here.

Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

I wasn’t impressed by this place. I ordered a sirloin steak medium rare and it was well done.. I had a hard time cutting it with a steak knife..if you like your steak nice and tuff and if you’re looking for a way to fall asleep Hahahaha.. sent it back and it came out rare... see photo.. cool center.. Mac and cheese..well.. very dry.. which to me it’s been sitting around for awhile and even the “New York Style” made in house cheese cake was over cooked.

Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

The food has always been fine but they are very slow. Been here three different times and every time the service has been very slow. This might be the last time I am here. They need to act like they care in order to keep people coming here. The bathrooms need help also. They are very musty and need an update.

Reviewed September 14, 2017

Waitress (Tera) greeted us in less than a minute..Took our order, received food (but my husbands was wrong) brought out correct food for my husband, refilled my water...dropped off our check (we were still eating and think about desert, she offered desert to the other tables around us)..We finished eating hopping we would see Tera again, but we didn't so we left..

As we were leaving I stopped and talk to the Host and shared our experience.
His comment to me was...HE NOTICED THAT SHE WAS STRESSED AND SENT HER OUT TO HAVE A CIGARETTE"...