“Great location but needs work”

Comfort Inn Kalamazoo
Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

We have stayed probably 4-6 times at this hotel over the four years our son attended Kalamazoo College, just two blocks up the hill. We have had variable experiences. For this lady stay we had several correctable complaints:
1. Although the rooms are spacious and have good standing reading lamps, there are no comfortable reading chairs
2. Duvet had bad stains and decorative throw was dirty
3. On Sunday morning, with a completely booked hotel, there was ONE person working both front desk and breakfast room. The property manager or owner should have been covering the staffing shortage.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Lora O, General Manager at Comfort Inn Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Dear Ellen_El,
First off I would like to thank you for your continued business with us. We are so sorry to hear of this issues you encountered during your recent stay with us. We can only imagine the frustration you had during your stay with us. Please know that we take our guests comments/suggestions very seriously and I have made sure to address these issues with the correct departments. We will be sure that this does not happen again in the future but again we are so sorry that it had happened to you. We sure hope this does not affect your decision in the future when making reservations in this area.
Lora O.

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

I am very confused by some of these negative reviews. I have stayed here twice while attending a conference of professors at Western Michigan University, and it's just about the best place you could stay. The staff is very very kind and thoughtful and a young woman named Ashley was particularly accommodating and professional. You get more than a continental breakfast because they have sausage and eggs and oatmeal and coffee and fruit, and it's been within walking distance of where I needed to go at the university. The rooms are big and clean with a good TV and a good shower and it's just absolutely perfect, and you can't beat the price. For the discriminating Traveler and someone coming here on business and especially for adults looking for all these wonderful comforts, you can't do better than this fantastic Comfort Inn in Kalamazoo.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 May 2017

We were in town for a conference and paid a bit more for this hotel, so we wouldn't have to worry about finding breakfast. Bad idea, the hot breakfast items were cold! Not even a little lukewarm. Eggs - cold, Bacon -Cold, Sausage - Cold. The only thing that was a little hot was the toast and that's because I toasted it! Needless to say Sunday morning I made my way to IHOP.

Next time, I'll just pay less somewhere else, and go out for breakfast. Otherwise, the staff was nice and the room was clean enough. The bed was a little hard for me but not the usual rock hard I normally find at hotels.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Thank SpiritParticle'... B
Reviewed 20 March 2017

I tried to change some things on my booking and the staff was totally uninterested. They just kept repeating to me that "they couldn't help" and that it was "just policy". Very unhelpful and I don't think I will be staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2017

This place offers standard amenities at a decent price. It's clean and comfortable and has a good location for getting about town. NOTE: It's close to the Western Michigan University, so don't be surprised if you get the occasional busload of kids visiting. That's what happened to us.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jim M
Reviewed 6 February 2017

I stayed here several times and it was okay. Last stay however there was a note on desk saying "Please wait patiently manager will be with you shortly" Waited 15 minutes and no one showed up. The hotel was completely unattended. This is unacceptable customer service and you have lost my business.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Danielle W
Reviewed 30 December 2016

This hotel was under construction while i stayed, but it was not noisey at all. This was the summer of 2016. There weren't many people staying here and i think that was due to the construction. It was nice to almost have the entire hotel to yourself. There was an indoor pool and a hot tub. Also they have a small fitness center. I got to swim in the pool all by myself while i was here and didn't have to worry about kids splashing around. Closer to the weekend there were a few families with kids in the pool area but still not over populated. nice area and close to restaurants.

Stayed: June 2016