All reviews full kitchen outdoor pool basketball court fire pit king bed room was clean close to the airport separate bedroom breakfast staff free internet an extended stay nice breakfast waffles fresh fruit front desk staff great room coffee maker
Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

Husband and I for mini vacation over Memorial Day weekend. Property did not disclose pool was closed. Weather was sweltering so we inquired if we could use pool at a neighboring Marriott. We were told by Kevin at the front desk we could check out and go elsewhere. Or could talk to his manager who will tell us same thing. Kevin said he has told over 20 people same thing. Not much of a vacation as it turned out.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Carrie O, Manager at Residence Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2018

Dear Guest
I can not imagine how frustrating it was to not have a pool to refresh and cool down during your stay. I would like to personally apologize for the inconvenience. Due to unforeseen circumstances with the drains in the pool we were not able to safely open it for our guest to enjoy this weekend. We should have it up and running by the end of this week. I hope you have a great week and again so sorry for the inconvenience during your stay.

Reviewed May 26, 2018

Nicely designed rooms with full kitchen; spacious bathroom. Very quiet. Front desk staff are friendly & helpful. Breakfast area is reasonably spacious. Breakfast is average.

Accessibility: limited; no elevator available to 2nd floor.

Outdoor pool.

Room Tip: 2nd floor only accessible by stairs
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2018 via mobile

There is no other place like the Residince Inn, WHENEVER I have clients come to town I always put them up @ The Residence Inn, staff is always friendly and professional, the rooms are always clean with that home away from home feeling,so a special shout out to GERI (MANAGER) and the staff. AINEE,TRESSA,LUCY,JOYCE,RICHARD AND RODNEY. much love and APPRECIATION!!!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2018

The rooms were clean and easily accessible. The service was outstanding. My family was supposed to be with me on this trip. However, my son got sick the evening before. I ended up having to leave on the second morning I was there due to an emergency situation with my son's illness. I talked to Rose up front and explained my dilemma. I knew I would still owe for that nite. There was a very small chance I might be back that night, depending on how serious his illness was. Rose held the room for me. She said they would not charge me for the room. I made it a little ways down the highway and the emergency had passed. I had a room waiting on me! Thank you so much for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2018

Front desk Manager Kevin is professional. When asked for a ride when my car not available, they helped. The drivers were friendly and nice conversation. The staff at kitchen were also friendly. Enough breakfast, and evening networking snacks.. may be it needs some renovation, as they are already planning.

Room Tip: Second floor has good view of Kilgore road and forest
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business