See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

The halls smelled, the room was still being cleaned at 5:30 pm when we returned for the evening. Friends staying in another room said someone had a key programmed to open their door. Fortunately they had the manual lock in place. Not worth saving a few dollars. Would not stay when I return to town.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank adjutant1814
Reviewed September 1, 2017

I was so impressed when I walked in the lobby. I had stayed here before and wrote a bad review. Obviously the management takes reviews seriously. Every thing I wrote about has change. Staff is professional and always very friendly. This motel will now be my "go to" place in the area. Clean, friendly place at a great price...what more could you ask for. I can only imagine the bad reviews were from a group of disgruntled guests using the threat of bad review as a bargaining tool....

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank cherylfpu
Reviewed July 30, 2017

We did not plan our travel back from Wisconsin well enough to know how booked all the hotels along i94 in Michigan would be so after midnight we found out that the econolodge was one of the only hotels with availability. Next time we will sleep in our car. The person checking us in was very pleasant and nice, however she should have warned me that the hotel was not a nice one and not to bring my kids in. If we hadn't been desperate we would have left. It was disgusting, bugs coming out of the sink. I will say the sheets and towels were clean.. did not touch the comforters with a ten foot pole. Would not take a shower there. Someone was going through the hall around 2:30 calling out looking for a hooker, and this was not a frat joke voice, it was very sketchy. I did not sleep a wink, luckily my husband did so he could be rested to drive. This is not representative of a brand name hotel, not even an economy one. I was not expecting the ritz, but was I was expecting decency. The place is a dump. Again, employee was nice, but should have warned me not to check in. Nothing on the walls, desk was broken... just a crime scene dump.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Momof4Gta
Reviewed August 29, 2016

This room was paid for, in full, almost one week in advance of our arrival. I booked online and did NOT receive a confirmation of booking. I called to confirm and called to make sure that the front desk knew that my daughter, arriving for an equestrian competition at Richland Horse Park would be able to check in by herself prior to my arrival. The staff at the front desk hassled my daughter about the room not being in her name. Note that they did not call me, the mother who had paid in advance and called them to give them a heads up. The front desk staff also hassled my daughter about some horse hairs that were stuck on her shirt from unloading horses at the competition prior to their arrival at the hotel. The staff accused my daughter of smuggling animals into the hotel (dogs???, horses???) and said she was trying to avoid paying an additional fee for having animals in the room! Let me just add that the room had a dirty bathroom, dirty sink, dirty counter top, and dirty shower/tub! This area had someone else's hair stuck into the wet areas of the bathroom that had not been cleaned. There was only one small soap and 2 towels. This was a room with 2 queen size beds. We stayed for 2 nights and the room was not cleaned. The wet towels were not removed. I had to go to the front desk and ask for towels. The staff was reluctant to provide the clean towels! I personally cleaned the bathroom both nights so that we could shower. I called corporate office to complain about this hotel and their complacent attitude towards a guest that had paid in full before the stay. Their website offers a no frills room, comfortable, clean and pleasant stay. It was no frills, no cleaning, no towel service, no customer service and unsanitary. Econo Lodge Corporation, do you really advertise services that you have no intention of providing once a monetary agreement has been made and paid in full or do you plan to correct this problem? Refund is the least you can do for ruining my weekend!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
7  Thank ardisbilley
Reviewed July 16, 2016

We booked a room with two king size beds. When we checked in the lobby was very nice. When directed to our room in the back part of the complex, when we walked in it immediately smelled, mostly of stale cigarette smoke. We booked for 3 nights, because of funeral arrangements. The room was initially okay. We went to the pool, and it was littered with cigarette butts on the deck and even a few in the pool. The pool furniture was a very poor condition. There was human hair in the water. The following morning when showering, there was human hair on the shower walls, totally gross!!! For the 3 nights were there our beds were not made up, and the trash was not emptied. They did not replace the plastic drinking glasses. We did get fresh towels. There are apparently some semi-permanent residents there, and the noise at night was terrible.

Room Tip: I would NOT stay there again!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family