Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kalamazoo(Kalamazoo)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$190
  • Pool
US$80
US$159
All reviewsbreakfast buffetnice bathroomwingsnice hotelspent one night hereoff the highwayearly checkdesk staffroom was largeconvenient locationwould stay againspglobbyconditionerpillowsshampooproperties
Reviewed August 30, 2017

We came in late near midnight, receptionist is still helpful and cordial. Checking in was a breeze. This is a hotel we choose as a layover to our travel to Chicago. It has reliable free wifi and free parking.

One thing I like on four points are the clean white sheets and comfy pillows and comforters.

I haven't tried their breakfast buffet because we left early but from what I've heard they are good.

I recommend this hotel when you are in Kalamazoo, MI.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

Excellent service and very clean hotel. I like the spg technology, so I did a mobile check in. I found my key ready when I arrived. I needed a stowaway bed, so they brought one immediately. It was also comfy and clean. The hotel has good vibes and it was fully booked.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here with my children because I had an appointment very early in a neighboring city. First of all, one of the reasons we booked this hotel was the pool. When we went to go swimming, we found an old dingy rust stained pool which was not inviting. We thought we would try it anyway but to our dismay, the water was ice cold! No heat whatsoever. I could not even put my feet in it. The decor is somewhat dated also. Before bed, we filled out a room service card for 6:15 a so I could make my appointment. Then next morning, at 6:09, the kitchen called to say they were out of the cereal my daughter wanted, she chose another one and they said my order was coming soon. 6:15 rolled around and no breakfast, at 6:30 I called the kitchen and again they said it would be there soon. At 6:40 I called the front desk to tell them what happened. I said I was going to be late to my appointment and had to leave. As I was leaving at 6:52 a, a lady shows up at the door food in hand. They did comp the meal and gave us some snacks and juice for the road which made me give them 3 stars instead of 2. Overall this hotel was clean and the beds were good. They recovered after the kitchen fiasco so I would give this hotel 3 stars.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Valerie S, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2017

Hello RL H,

Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us! I understand how frustrating your visit must have been, especially when travelling with children. I apologize that we did not provide a perfect 10 stay for you. I am happy to report we just recently installed some new equipment in our pool area which will help reduce the rust coming into the pool from our city water source. I will make sure our restaurant manager is aware of the room service issues you experienced.

I'd love to hear further details of your stay so I can better coach our team. I can be reached at the hotel main line, 269-385-3922.

Thank you again, and I look forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed August 15, 2017

This is an older property and cleanliness is obviously not on their radar. The large table in the lobby has enough dust on it to write in. The bottom of my white socks turned black from walking around our room in them. Some of the serving plates in the buffet line still had food stuck to them and the silverware was covered in water spots.
There is one small elevator at each end of the building, and when they're busy, you might as well plan on taking the stairs, since two people with luggage will fill the elevator. It's a good thing we were on the third floor and not higher.
The air conditioning in our room never did get it as cool as we would have liked, and the thermostat has a sensor, so it cuts back when the room is not occupied or at night.
On a positive note, the staff was friendly and helpful. But we still would not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Valerie S, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

Hello JdubyaMO,

Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us! And thank you for the kind comments regarding our staff. I understand how off putting the housekeeping issues you experienced must have been. I apologize that we fell short of your, and our, expectations. Our team will be addressing these concerns directly. I happy to report we are installing new carpet in all our guest rooms in the upcoming months.

I hope you’ll give us another chance the next time you visit Kalamazoo. Thank you again!

Reviewed August 14, 2017

Spent a few days here for a conference. Convenient location, just off I-94. Very friendly staff. Rooms comfortable. Free Wi-Fi. The buffet breakfast was satisfactory but the food at the conference (about 200 people) was below average.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Valerie S, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2017

Hi Normandie1936,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay! And thank you for the kind comments regarding our staff! I will share your notes on the banquet with our food & beverage team so we can continue to improve our service.

We hope to see you at next year’s event!