Carefree Cove Resort
US$233
US$226
Travelocity
US$221
See what travellers are saying:
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 3, 2016 via mobile

Have stayed here for years. The newest owners are very nice and always accommodating. Nice location on a small cove and good fishing. The complaints about the owners are most likely the result of how some people behave when on vacation bringing their "Chicago" attitude with them.

Stayed: June 2015
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 10, 2015

The owners were nasty horrid people, we were perfectly respectful to them, and their property, yet they would always give us mean looks and they were no help when we approached them with questions abut a problem in the cabin. At one point during our stay, they screamed awful things and swears because our dog (who we were trying to keep quiet) had barked for no longer than 2-3 minutes. Do NOT, especially if you have young children, waste your money here.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2011

We loved our time at the Carefree Cove in Kalkaska. The owners couldn't have been nicer.
The cottage was cute, and we had a wonderful time fishing on Manistee Lake. Or kids love to get the pizza , sandwiches and the ice cream from the store. We have been coming to the lake for over 8 years, the new owners are as nice as the the previous ones. We plan on returning over and over again, our kids can't wait to get to the cottage again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank vangork
Reviewed February 9, 2011

Our family has been coming to this "resort" for 34 years. We never had a problem with any of the multiple owners that have come and gone over the years. The current owners were extremely nasty to our family to the point that we almost called the police ( I REALLY wish I would have) when they started shouting obseneties at us across the property, absolutely terrifying my young children and my nieces and nephews. It was the the most absurd experience I have had outside of some of my encounters with drug addicts at the hospital where I work. Take my advice and look elsewhere unless you like giving someone your money only to be treated like dirt.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family