“This Place Is A Family Favorite.”
Review of Turkey Roost

Turkey Roost
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Kawkawlin
Reviewed May 13, 2018

I've been stopping here since I was a young boy. On our way from Flint to East Tawas each summer, we would stop at the T.R. just about every time. We continued this trend whenever we would be in the vacinity.
We sold our cottage just a few years ago and our attendance here was reduced. But when we still came close and it was breakfast, lunch, or dinner time, we stopped.
At The Roost, you always get exactly what you expected. The service is faster than fast and the food is like grandma made for thanksgiving. Plus they have the excellent strawberry shortcake (made with their homemade biscuits) and pies for desert.
I do remember the turkey pen out front that was moved to the rear after some thefts. Also, I remember several of the wait staff that had been there since the 60's. So it must be a good place to work too.
Today, I was in the area and stopped to get a turkey sandwich fro lunch and a turkey plate for dinner later. Great as ever!

Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

Went on a Friday and they serve a delicious seafood platter. Everything was tasty. Not greasy. Fries were crisp.

Reviewed April 18, 2018 via mobile

Tasty meals served super fast by a friendly waitress.

The portions options are nicely scaled to allow for different appetite levels. The food is really good. The coleslaw is a great addition.

Very efficient operations. Food was out in less than two minutes.

Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

Excellent turkey dinner. We each got the half plate Special and it was plenty of food. Awesome biscuit, too. I've been going there on the way North for 63 years. No kidding. Love it.

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I have eaten here at the Turkey Roast 3 or 4 times. The food is fast, great, and hot. They don’t have a lot of choices of food. But if you like Turkey Dinner, then you should try it out. This time we also ordered the strawberry shortcake, which was the best I have had in a long time. The prices are very reasonable also.

Been to Turkey Roost? Share your experiences!