“Very relaxing”
Review of Wild Cherry Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake Leelanau
Wild Cherry Resort
Reviewed 16 August 2017

We have been coming here for years and we are never disappointed. As one of the reviewers rightly noted: make sure you know what you are getting before you book. We have noticed the inprovements over the years and has a while to go as far as the regular amenities that campers with children expect. If you are retired or close to retirement, this is the place to camp. Beatiful setting next to the pond. The utilities are modern and well organized. The owner very nice and fair. Good places to walk and enjoy nature; nestled between orchards and the wine country.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Wild Cherry RV is a beautiful RV park and the staff was friendly and welcoming.
Unfortunately, everything else is 'down hill'.
Yes, there is a club house, but it does not have kitchen facilities, water or bathrooms.
The resort does not have laundry, showers, cable TV, swimming pool, and Internet was spotty.
Our initial impression is that when we visited Wild Cherry about 10 years ago, we would have written the same review - we can't see where any amenities were added or improved.
Wild Cherry is in a beautiful setting and as long as you know what to expect, you will enjoy it there.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

We loved this place and I can hardly say enough good things about it. I understand that others experience were different, and the reasons why. Check all the reviews; make sure you understand what you're getting, and you'll get the most out of your visit.

Grounds are beautiful, both in their maintenance in their design. Very spacious. We loved the trails thru fields and old orchards. Staff was courteous friendly. It was kind of nice to be greeted each morning as they drove around in a golf cart for trash pick up, and to drop off a newspaper.

I was concerned about the lack of trees, and we did have some times where we would have liked some shade, but it turned out to be a minor inconvenience for this particular trip.

No bathhouse… That's true, and unusual, but didn't bother us as we used facilities in our travel trailer.

Sporadic Wi-Fi… Also true, but only a minor inconvenience for our needs.

No cable TV… That's a blessing, in my opinion! ;)

Rustic tent camping… A mixed bag. Some cons (no bathhouse), but some very strong pros! Sites are beautiful – isolated, and surrounded by woods. If I were going on a rustic camping trip (which I've done quite a lot) I'd probably choose a different location.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2017

Beautiful RV "park" but not a resort. Very clean and landscaping was great. Problems, no cable, TV spotty, no laundry, pool, or restrooms. Yes we did know this before we booked. However, due to Cherry Fest, which blew chunks, we had a hard time finding a park. Pros, check in was a breeze and the lady could not have been nicer. She gave us LOTS of local info and MUST SEE locations. Loved the distance between sites. We unfortunately had very pushy rude neighbors. I almost slapped the man next to us. What a pig. BUT not the parks fault. Very close to several vineyards. Good stay if you don't mind a few less amenities.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 28 June 2017

Me and my fiance stayed in the Yurt at the end of May, and couldn't have asked for a better experience. We were arriving later in the day and since the main office was closed during that time, they provided a map for us on the outside of the building, with our yurt key in their mailbox. We didn't have to rush to get up there before their office closed.

We were away from the campground all day, and we came back to the Yurt with a lantern hanging on the door. That day, they went out and bought one for us, worried that we wouldn't have enough light come night time.

Finally, Jim, the owner was in the main office when we went to pay for our Yurt stay. Great guy, and gave us recommendations of breakfast places. I would recommend the Wild Cherry Resort to anyone, and would love to come back!!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2016

I camped a lot as a kid with my family, but for one reason or another just haven't as an adult and decided to change that over the holiday weekend. Called Wild Cherry last week, just days before Labor Day weekend. They were extremely nice on the phone and I lucked out there was still a campsite available so I snagged it. Minus a shower house and some better bathrooms, it really was a great experience. Great site, very nice folks at check in and again later when I came up to buy some firewood. Saw them several times driving around checking on folks. Made me feel safer since I was there by myself. I really enjoyed myself and am definitely making camping apart of my new adventurous plans. Thanks to Wild Cherry for helping to make my first experience a very positive one.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

Great RV park. Large sites with lots of grassy spaces between sites. Lower level overlooks big pond. Great walking on paved road around the pond. Very peaceful and quiet. Gravel sites are level; cement patios. If you want to relax in quiet setting, this is the place. Also have two putting greens around the pond for chipping practice and a driving range up the hill.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends

Been to Wild Cherry Resort? Share your experiences!