All reviews next year pontoon boat an ice cream ping pong traverse city would definitely stay here again stayed here for nights dog owners travel trailer the wi fi campground sites kids bikes camping rv lake
Reviewed February 15, 2016

Very helpful staff, we explained we were rookies, very first timers actually, and they walked us right through set up...without making us feel stupid...which we were. Nice park and well kept. Thank you, we'll be back!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2015

We went there on our vacation...stayed in a spot overlooking the lake....everyone is very polite and extremely helpful...will go back next year....the location is perfect to see anything in the northwestern part of Michigan

Stayed: October 2015
Reviewed September 29, 2015

This RV park was incredibly clean. Thank you very much to the staff for allowing my group of 11 bicyclist to use the kitchen and dining room as we were tent camping. Gorgeous wood cabin style lodge. Very friendly staff.

Room Tip: tent sites are flat and very nice
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 20, 2015

My first camping experience in a very long time and first with kids. I have a 9 and 11 year old and thought this would be more fun for them (with other kids around) then renting a house as my brother has a camper. I am originally from the area and my mom sold the house last year after 40 years so it was going to be an emotional trip any way you cut it.

I can't imagine a better run and fun camp ground. I am not a Four Season type girl but I am not a rough it type either. I like clean bathrooms, convenience, and with kids a sense of safety. The camp ground well exceeded all. The 10 individual bathroom/showers were immaculate and within about 50 feet of our camper (my brothers camper is older and although the toilet works we only wanted to use in emergency situations as we were using it on the tank). I was worried with so few there would be lines but there was never a line for the bathrooms... I guess allot of th e campers facilities are much better then ours was:) I also liked that they had wifi included which is the most important thing much beyond t.v. for the kids (and for me to do work). It was limited in bandwidth so wasn't always great but was tolerable. I was outside most of the time and did some work at night and it was fine. I think if they can up the bandwidth though it would be worth to people a buck or more a night or even charge those that want better capacity separately would be fine. The paths between camp sites are all paved and the kids loved riding the bikes up and down them. Everyone adhered to the 5mph with cars and watched for kids so it felt very safe. The park was the meeting ground for kids to meet others which worked out great. The beach was nice although I feel the north side of Lake Leelanau is sandier. It was not crowded either. They also had lots of water "toys" like boats, jet skis, bikes, paddle boards , etc. All at very reasonable prices. When I say reasonable I mean well below what you will pay outside of the camp ground to rent. They also have a nice court with many games that can be played. We didn't partake in those but many did. Each night they usually had an hour for kids activities which we did the wagon ride and ice cream and my son really enjoyed.. We planned to do more but were out at dinner most of the time.

Loved that each site included a table and fire pit which we used both allot. From a safety perspective I felt extremely safe as the crowd was either families or generally older people. I was fine with the kids roaming and didn't have a fear I needed to be on top of them every second. I think that is due in part to some curfew type rules like fires out at 11pm and I think quiet hours at 12am. This probably keeps the younger partying crowd away. All the people were very friendly.

The staff was great which I think is attributable to it being family owned and run. They really care about how the place is running and want people to be happy. They did a great job always helping and on top of things. They couldn't be nicer.

Excellent job and kudos to whole staff. I really want to come back next year and hoping my brothers camper holds up! I can see why this is rated so high (and sells out most of summer) and deserves it. Thank you

Cyndi (Moore) Weinstein

Room Tip: Can choose sites close to bathroom or lake. Book early as fills up.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Cyndi_w123
Reviewed July 29, 2015

We stayed in the RV Park on the beach, which was wonderful. Saw beautiful sunsets. There were many activities. Boats were also available to rent, as well as pontoons and jet skis. It was very quiet in the evening if you like quiet. The sites were nice but the roads were narrow and a little tight for the motor homes. We booked to return in 2016 in the same area.

Room Tip: We were in the RV Park.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple