“Nightmare!! Don't stay here!”

Red Roof Inn & Suites - Lake Orion/Auburn Hills
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lake Orion
Grosse Pointe Woods, Michigan
“Nightmare!! Don't stay here!”
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I blocked rooms for my sisters wedding several weeks in advance. The hotel provided a shuttle from the site of the Wedding reception to the hotel. They would not allow us to check in early and since the wedding started at the same time as check-in I informed the hotel that we would be checking in late, after the wedding. They reassured me that would not be a problem and insisted they "do weddings at the same facility all the time". After the Wedding the shuttle picked us up at the reception site and took us to the hotel. The driver even told us how they had the conference room open and we could all hang out and continue the festivities. When the shuttle arrived at the hotel we were informed that they didn't have any rooms available! We had a wedding party of 16 people, including the bride and groom, and nowhere to go! We were stranded!! I spoke with not only the hotel but also corporate several times and got nowhere. Not only would I NOT RECOMMEND Palace Inn but I also DO NOT RECOMMEND ANY BEST WESTERN. The issue was never resolved and we were never compensated.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank jstefo22
PalaceInnLakeOrion, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites - Lake Orion/Auburn Hills, responded to this review, 28 December 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience you and your wedding guests experienced in 2011. We would like to inform you that the hotel is no longer a Best Western and it is under different management now than when your party arrived. We specialize in weddings and have multiple weddings each weekend during the summer season. We hope that you will come stay with us again and give us the opportunity to show you how different things are now.

Palace Inn Management & Staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
La Jolla, California
Reviewed 26 November 2011

We stayed at the Palace Inn for a friends wedding and had a great experience! My husband and I thought this hotel had a wonderful staff and very accommodating!!! We both travel so much that it was nice to stay a hotel that had pleasant staff.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Tom M
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comments in reviewing the Palace Inn. We are happy to provide our guests with excellent customer service and accommodations. We hope you will stay with us again in the future and be sure to check out our newly renovated lobby and guest rooms!

Thank You Again!
The Palace Inn Management & Staff
Ferndale, Michigan
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We had a rooms blocked for our wedding in Sept. 2011. First of all, the hotel completely changed names from the "Best Western" to the "Palace Inn" after I made our reservations and they didn't even have the courtesy to contact me and let me know. As a result, I sent out information for "Best Western" with my wedding invitations. It wasn't a horribly big deal since the phone number and address stayed the same, but I was still upset because I could have provided our guest correct information had it been supplied to me.

In addition to the name change, the sales representative I had been making all my arrangements and correspondence with left the company. Again, I had no notification whatsoever. I sent her a bunch of email inquiries, and of course, I did not receive any reply. A couple weeks later, I called the hotel directly and they informed me she no longer worked there. Again, I was a little frustrated that no one had taken over her email account, and once again, there I was left in the dark about what seemed to me, a big deal.

Our wedding night at this hotel was AWFUL. While walking down the hall to our room (in my wedding dress), I was approached by a staff person and told if my party did not quiet down, the police were going to be called. They seriously threatened me so harshly for noise on my most joyous occasion? Oh yeah. This came as total shock to me since I was literally just passing through the hallway, and my wedding group was no where nearby. I felt that this was a special day for me. Instead of being accommodated, I was treated like a delinquent.

We had gift bags that were to be handed out to our guest upon check in. While most of the bags were handed out, there were a few that we not. The day after our wedding, the front desk person was horribly rude to my mother who was trying to collect the unclaimed gift bags for me. After she argued with the person, they finally gave her the bags.

THIS WAS A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL FOR A WEDDING BLOCK AT ALL. IT'S A MESS OF A HOTEL WITH HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank jessica F
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to greatly apologize for the inconvenience you experienced on your wedding day. We would like to let you know that the hotel is no longer a Best Western, as we have come to be under new management. Many changes have been made to the hotel since the date of your review, including staffing. We encourage you to stay with us again in the future and allow us to show you the changes that have been made. Additionally, if you would ever like to speak with our Sales Manager, her name is Debbie Bryk and she can be reached by calling the hotel. Again, we apologize for the experience you had and would like to offer you a more positive one.

Palace Inn Management & Staff

Hyatt Place Auburn Hills
Hyatt Place Auburn Hills
#4 of 17 in Auburn Hills
6.7 km away
Hampton Inn Detroit / Auburn Hills - North (Great Lakes Crossing Area)
7.8 km away
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive
9.3 km away
Baymont Inn & Suites Auburn Hills

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites - Lake Orion/Auburn Hills? Share your experiences!