“Cosy yes, Koi yes, worth it? yes”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lansing
Cozy Koi Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Lansing B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 July 2017

Great place. Wonderfully friendly, chatty and genuine hostess. Yes, the breakfast was amazing. Nice street. Nice places to see in the old town as well. Room was nice, cute house overall. Other 'Lansingites' happened to be there and raved about the place to us too.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Cozy Koi Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 17 October 2016

I needed a room for 1 as I was in MI for a baptism of a relative. I waited til the last minute before finding a room. No hotels, or airbnb's were available close by due to the MSU football game that weekend. I called Cozy Koi BnB and was able to secure a room for Saturday night. The neighborhood was ok-close to downtown/Cooley Law School. The room on the first floor of one of the Cozy Koi BnB's I chose did not have a door but a curtain. As far as I knew there was only one other family staying upstairs so I relented. The tiny twin bed room had its own tiny bathroom. Decor was vintage and Victorian. Breakfast served at 8 am the next day was fine. It included: homemade bread and jam, OJ or cranberry mango juice and an egg casserole along w/ coffee, tea and milk. The owner was curt when she showed us the room but by the next morning she was charming and pleasant.

Room Tip: There were 2 different homes with rooms to choose from. You'd have to ask to see what was availa...
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2016

Traveled to Lansing during 2016 MSU Homecoming weekend. Whole experience was delightful! The room was reasonably priced and the sumptuous breakfasts were made fresh every morning. The property is easy to find and by car is just minutes away from major freeways and MSU main campus. Diane the Innkeeper is very knowledgeable about the area and touristy stuff to do in and around Michigan's capital. Cozy Koi is a great resource for the city of Lansing. -kaf

Room Tip: If you can't do stairs, request the "Ponder Room." Great view of the koi pond from the...
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 September 2016

My mom and I were heading to a conference in Lansing and needed a one night stay prior to checking in. Diane and Teddy are a JOY, breakfast and conversation were great. Parking was not great, up a very narrow, walled driveway. I was told to park next door (at second home) for easier parking, which I attempted to do when we returned from dinner, BUT there was a handy man working on a job with his truck in the way at 8:00 pm on a Wednesday night. Weird. Also, on the road out front, everything is metered parking. :(

Room Tip: We stayed in the main house, ground level, which was easy access for my elderly mom.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2016

I can't say enough about the quaintness of the Cozy Koi...a walk back in time, when life was simpler and problems could be solved sitting around her beautiful dining room table...Diane, the owner, has lovingly restored this home and freely shares its history. Although on the go most of my visit, I took time out to reflect with her Koi and charming Schnauzer, Teddy. Diane is quite the historian and as I am visiting from CA, was delighted to hear some of Lansing's history. Diane knocked herself out providing 5 Star breakfasts and hospitality. She even included a dear friend of mine for breakfast!

Room Tip: I was in the downstairs Pondering Room which provided excellent access to come and go as I liked.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
dinolansing, Owner at Cozy Koi Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2016

Thanks for the outstanding review!! It was such a pleasure having you here at the Cozy Koi and I look forward to your next visit!! Give my best to Kitty and I am hoping for a speedy recovery for her. It was a pleasure meeting Lois and chatting with both of you at breakfast. Diane & Teddy

Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

My friend and I choose to stay one night.
All was fine with accommodations though I personally prefer a simpler room decor with fewer knickknacks. The rooms have themes with the trinkets, however, I prefer space to set my own items on the desktop or bedside table in the room during my stay.
Our host Diane, was friendly, knowledgeable, accommodating and served a wonderful filling breakfast.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank jlrwdf
Reviewed 28 August 2016

Hello Travelers! The Cozy-Koi was perfect spot for my Ole-town pleasure trip. I stayed in the African Room which is located in the second building (yellow house next door). My room was very clean and the bed was VERY comfortable. The bathroom was equipped with a handicap shower and a cute vanity for those who need extra mirror space. The host (Diane) is very charming and full of Lansing history. I enjoyed our business conversation over breakfast. She prepared a hearty breakfast that filled me up until dinner that evening. She is very knowledgeable on real estate and property management. The Cozy Koi will be my home during any business in Lansing. Thanks Diane for the wonderful hospitality!!!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lansing
0.9 km away
8.9 km away
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 26 in Lansing

Been to Cozy Koi Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!