“Delightful Surprise for West Lansing!”

Nola Bistro Pho and Po Boys
Ranked #27 of 485 Restaurants in Lansing
Reviewed April 28, 2017

Nola Bistro was exactly what my partner and I were looking for on a Friday night after a week of work. After a helpful scan of other Tripadvisor reviews, we headed out to West Lansing to try our hand at some New Orleans and Vietnamese cuisine. We arrived to quick and efficient service and were seated immediately. I quickly noticed the diverse crowd who has already discovered this little gem and we are now on the inside track. We started off with the Shrimp Spring Rolls which came with a delicious peanut sauce. For our entrees, I ordered the Egg Roll Noodle bowl and my partner ordered the Shrimp Po-Boy. How surprising to have both meals full of flavor and yet so seemingly different. Additionally, each table has a small tray with hot sauce, hoisin sauce, pepper, etc to jazz up your dish to each person's particular palate. Our server was very attentive, however did not hover and we truly enjoyed ourselves. Lastly, we ordered the Beignets for dessert, which arrived with a raspberry dipping sauce. Yum, yum, yum!!! The perfect end to a wonderful dining experience. We will most certainly seek out Nola Bistro again.

Reviewed March 4, 2017

Nola is easy to miss on a busy corner but turn around and give it a try. It was unknown to my husband and me but many people filled the place soon after we arrived late afternoon on a Saturday. My husband liked the Pho he chose and I liked the char-grilled pork & rice dish. There are a variety of choices on the menu, including Creole. The beignet's with raspberry sauce were a great finish. It is not clear how this is a Bistro other than being an intimate and friendly place.

Reviewed January 30, 2017

I was really unsure what to expect when stopping by, but the take out was INCREDIBLE. I love that they have vegan options that are still super flavorful.

I tried the vegan egg role noodles and the shrimp spring rolls. I would absolutely recommend them both, and am already planning my next trip back!

Reviewed November 29, 2016 via mobile

Went to lunch with some coworkers; I got a spicy sausage po-boy and a spring roll. Both were very tasty!

Plenty of vegetarian options available. Prices are reasonable.

Reviewed November 18, 2016 via mobile

I had a noodle bowl and my husband had a po boy. We liked both of them. I have little experience with Vietnamese food. We went to a Vietnamese restaurant before and no one spoke English so I have no idea what I ate but I liked it. I wasn't sure what I would like. The menu is quite large so that didn't make choosing any easier. I will be back and I want to try the pho soup next.