All reviewsbistro staffmexican restaurantfront desk staffroom was cleanbusiness tripfree weightschecking outoff the highwaycomfortable stayexcellent stayenjoyed my stayindoor poolone night stayfitness centerparking lotkathysmith
Reviewed July 10, 2017

I traveled to Lansing for my son's wedding, so it was a crazy busy week. My son blocked rooms for out of town guests, plus I stayed here 4 nights, plus I rented their Spartan Room for the wedding rehearsal dinner. This review covers all those activities.

First - the staff at the hotel were amazing. From the front desk to the barista to the cleaning staff, everyone I saw was friendly, helpful and pleasant. One evening the front desk staff was doing double duty at the bar, and while she wasn't the best bartender, she did her best to make sure my party was happy with their choices.

The hotel was clean. We (there were 4-5 different rooms of guests who came for the wedding) had lots of hot water, comfy beds and quiet rooms.

My son and I both appreciated the communication and organization while we planned and booked facilities in advance. I was happy with the cost of the room rental for the rehearsal, and the staff went above and beyond to make sure we were taken care of.

The only issue I had that's preventing me from giving this hotel a rousing 5 stars is that the fridge in my room was freezing everything. I didn't realize this until the morning of the third day of my stay, as I had bought a bunch of fresh food which all had to be thrown out. I mentioned this to front desk staff twice. Considering how much I spent with them that week, it would have been a nice touch for them to credit my room charge or make some offer to replace the ruined food. When I checked out the next day maintenance had not yet been by to check on the fridge. I understand this was a weekend and that could be the reason.

Overall, though, I enjoyed the hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for the quiet wing away from the highway.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2017

The most important thing for me when I stay in a hotel is cleanliness, and let me tell you, this hotel was spotless! The rooms were recently renovated and have a very uptown and hip feel to them. There were plugs everywhere! Lighting was great so I could get some work done, and a good selection of television channels. The bed was so comfortable that I had a hard time getting up the next morning. I had a drink at the Bistro and enjoyed the company of a gentlemen who usually works breakfast. I'm sorry I cannot remember his name. And Max checked me in, and he was super knowledgeable about the hotel and neighborhood. There is a sparkling indoor pool and a fitness center as well. I highly recommend this hotel - the location cannot be beat! Thank you for a wonderful stay, and I'll be back!

Room Tip: As far as I could tell, there isn't a bad room in the place!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
TeamConcord, General Manager at Courtyard Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2017

Dear Stefanie C, wow thank you for the wonderful review and feedback. Its great to know how much you enjoyed your entire experience with us! Seems we met or exceeded all your expectations for a great stay and we enjoyed having you as our guest. Please come see us again soon. We would love to be your home away from home next time you are in the area. Safe travels!

Julie Traskos

Reviewed July 2, 2017 via mobile

Arrived with no reservation. Friendly & accommodating staff. Room was clean & well vented. Very quiet. Highly recommend this hotel for business or family travel. Good location, as it's right off the highway. Lots of restaurants in the area.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2017 via mobile

This stay was for work. I'm looking for comfort, professionalism, speedy check in, and quiet.

Reception:

They my key ready, didn't even have to stop at the desk. Loved it.

Room:

It was nice, clean, place to sit and nice sofa. It was comfortable

Bed:

A little firm but comfortable

No microwave in my room. The elevator was all the way around the other side of the hotel to my room so if you have a large suitcase be ready to haul it a long way

Gym:

Didn't use but it seems reduces. Did have free weights

Pool:

Didn't use but water looked like it could use a filtering

Over all it fit my needs.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
TeamConcord, Manager at Courtyard Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2017

Dear Alfonso S.,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We're delighted you loved so many aspects of the hotel and, overall, you had a wonderful stay. We apologize for the lack of a microwave and the elevator location. Please know our associates are always happy to provide assistance for anything you may need. Your 100% satisfaction is our main priority. Thanks for being our guest. We hope to see you again soon.

Julie Traskos
Manager

Reviewed June 19, 2017

I visit this hotel two-three weekends a year and have been doing so since 2010. The rooms are always well taken care of and the housekeeping unit (especially Keisha) always has a warm and friendly smile.

In my 20+ stays, I've had exactly one problem (AC/Heat unit overheated) and it was taken care of very quickly.

Pool and fitness area are modest but serviceable for a quick morning starter.

I can NOT say enough good things about La Seniorita Mexican Restaurant directly across the street. You CAN NOT beat the late night happy hour (after 9:00p) at the bar. Tell Terry (manager most night) you were recommended by Denny. He'll take good care of you.

All in all, Courtyard has been a staple of mine in Lansing for 7+ years now and I look forward to the visit every time it pops up on my work calendar.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business